Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High gloss panel w/sharp corner edges !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've addressed this to Tesla's service department in SF and service agent confirmed that it is BLADE SHARP and nothing they can do about it at this time since it is all standard on the Model X.
This panel located on both sides between the wing doors and windshield are sharp enough to cut someone's hand!
Is there someone out there who encountered this and know what to do ?
Help me please explain to Tesla that this is dangerous ?!!

forgive me am new to this forums:confused:

I have the same issue and X is at the service center now with this on the list (and several other items) to be addressed. Not only is it sharp it is a jagged edge and looks like crap. Two other X's in the parking lot did not look this way and were smooth. It actually is not a glass panel but it looks like one. It is a piece of glossy plastic. Service advisor told me it is a piece that can be replaced but a tech would look at it. I was also told most parts for the X are on back order as Tesla puts priority on parts for new cars. The plastic piece on my X is actually about 1/4 in short on both sides..looks very sloppy and service advisor agreed. here is a picture of mine.
X roof.jpg

I've addressed this to Tesla's service department in SF and service agent confirmed that it is BLADE SHARP and nothing they can do about it at this time since it is all standard on the Model X.
This panel located on both sides between the wing doors and windshield are sharp enough to cut someone's hand!
Is there someone out there who encountered this and know what to do ?
Help me please explain to Tesla that this is dangerous ?!!

forgive me am new to this forums:confused:
Just to update. At my recent service they replaced this piece and the new piece looks MUCH better. It is longer and has smooth, straight edges now. It is actually a plastic piece and not glass. They had it in stock and the new piece is much improved.