Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High insurance quotes because of previous speeding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it’s my own fault and tbh since I got the Tesla I’ve been setting the speed automatically so it doesn’t go more than 60+5 and 70+5 but have previous speeding fines of £60 and 3 points , None between 2009 and 2015 , 1 from 2016 and 2 from 2019. Getting killed on insurance quotes . As soon as I go from puting the two in to the three in the quotes rocket eg £600 to £1100. Any advice ??????

I know it’s my own fault and tbh since I got the Tesla I’ve been setting the speed automatically so it doesn’t go more than 60+5 and 70+5 but have previous speeding fines of £60 and 3 points , None between 2009 and 2015 , 1 from 2016 and 2 from 2019. Getting killed on insurance quotes . As soon as I go from puting the two in to the three in the quotes rocket eg £600 to £1100. Any advice (apart from stop speeding!) ??????

upload_2020-11-1_0-16-59.png

I had no idea.

Who are you with @BelfastEV? Have you tried a quote from Churchill yet?

I think I see part of your problem.

You see speed LIMITS as a target.

As has already been mentioned above. When I describe what the performance of a Tesla M3P is actually like I compare it to a Nissan GTR SUPERCAR. Obviously this is to describe acceleration as top speed is irrelevant in the UK.

How long before Tesla become a victim of their own success.

Better learn to be gentle with the right foot for the short term. Get nicked once again and you'll be losing your licence due to totting up 12 points.
If you think your insurance is high with three SP codes then wait until you have to declare a TT99 totting-up ban! That ban is for a minimum of 6 months as well.
The only positive is that once you've been banned you can get the speeding endorsements removed.

Better learn to be gentle with the right foot for the short term. Get nicked once again and you'll be losing your licence due to totting up 12 points.
If you think your insurance is high with three SP codes then wait until you have to declare a TT99 totting-up ban! That ban is for a minimum of 6 months as well.
The only positive is that once you've been banned you can get the speeding endorsements removed.

my oldest points are summer 2016 so have fell away but still need recorded for insurance (it’s 12 points in a three year cycle so I’m sitting on 6 )

Reactions: Zakalwe