Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High kWh consumption on 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had 6.2 for about ten days (ver .153). During that time I have had unusually high power consumption for my daily driving around town. My typical average is around 350 or so. Since I loaded 6.2, it has been 425.

i have a pre parking sensor "classic" P85 and have not been driving crazy (unfortunately I can't drive "insane").

i have noticed the reported glitch in which the audio system seems to remain cycling through songs (my USB stick stays plugged in at all times), but cannot imagine that would be consuming that much power. I also plug in the car every evening.

is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Last edited:
I've had 6.2 for about ten days (ver .153). During that time I have had unusually high power consumption for my daily driving around town. My typical average is around 350 or so. Since I loaded 6.2, it has been 425.

Coincidentally most snowbirds headed out after Easter.....about 10 days ago....so the roads are a lot clearer all of a sudden; you might just be driving faster. I'm serious, it's made a huge difference here.

Coincidentally most snowbirds headed out after Easter.....about 10 days ago....so the roads are a lot clearer all of a sudden; you might just be driving faster. I'm serious, it's made a huge difference here.

Thats funny Nigel. My first wife's family lived in Bradenton and I remember the congestion caused by the snowbird drivers. Up here in Tampa we don't have the same immigration issues, and we make sure to drive crazy all year round to make the snowbirds too scared to drive up here!

Since this morning, my average usage (30 mile range option) is now up to 429. I'm going to try another full reset tonight and see if that has any impact.

i did have a strange event when leaving for a lunch appointment today. As I always do, I used the app to check the temp in the car and turn on the AC for 5 minutes before I leave. My app showed a message "preconditioning in progress". Never saw that one before, and I do not drive to lunch every day at noon, thus there should not have been any preconditioning happening. I think I'm going to turn off the preconditioning option and see if that makes a difference. Maybe my car is going into preconditioning mode at random times.