Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage 2018 MX 100D (89k) or model Y performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been seeing a lot of good deal on MX100D recently. I am looking for Raven but the price for 2018 MX100D with 89k miles is $48k which is very tempting. It has paid FSD, Free Premium Connectivity, Captain seat, White + carbon interior which is exactly what I am looking for.

We think MX depreciation won't be as bad as MY when our CT comes. We drive 8k a year.

What would you guys pick? Is 89k miles has tons of issues ahead? let's say 2-3 years while we wait for the CT (if the CT ever comes tbh)

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular
If you get a 2018 MX you should strongly consider a third party warranty. Factoring that (or a reasonable repair budget) into your comparison would be wise.

Has the car had new tyres, HEPA filter, cabin filter, break fluid, A/C desiccant bag, brake discs and pads, etc (all service intervals it will have reached by now) as these minor costs could add up if not as is commonly the case.

I'd have a hard time buying a new Y for the price of the lightly-used older X's on the market, but I like the dash, the vertical screen, the instrument cluster, hand controls etc a lot more than the 3/Y setup. If you can stand the 3/Y interior and/or prefer it, the X doesn't make a ton of sense unless you need a little extra space or tow capacity

Last edited:
Reactions: B4TUR
We have both. 2018 MX with about the same mileage with the back seat console and 3rd row seating. 2020 Model Y LR with a Ghost upgrade which turns it into a performance model. I love driving our MY and drive it as much as I can. It is my daily driver. The MX is the wife's car and she LOVES it and is her go to vehicle. She will drive the MY but really don't like how it rides and it's well, not her MX. The MX is our road car and is a dream to drive. The FWD's are just down right awesome that grabs attention anytime they are opened. The MY is an awesome driving machine. I've done several SCCA events, 1/8,1/4 mile track days and even run it on road tracks. It's no Plaid but there's enough power (3.5sec 0-60) that always makes me smile when I put the hammer down. I would recommend you drive both if possibly back to back and see what you like. They ARE completely different vehicles. The only thing they share is the emblem on the hood.

Reactions: Bigriver