Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 RWD LR.
105K miles in nearly 3.5 years. Full charges to around 297 - 305 mile estimates, pretty much same as when purchased if you skip the software boost that supposedly came out in 2019.
Maintenance:
- Just put on 4th set of tires last week. RWD definitely tends to go through rear tires.
- Just replaced the 12v battery 1 month ago, at Tesla's request. We never experienced any issues with the 12v battery though.
I spoke too soon. We started hearing a rattle in the front. Brought car in to Tesla (107K miles) and both right and left control arms need to be replaced. Still, has little to do with being an EV and for the first real service at 100K miles, I'm not complaining.

Dec 2018 LR AWD 41500 miles.
3 sets of tires (2 sets of the MXM4s each got ~15k miles worn to threads), now on Pilot A/S3+ which suck ~20% range and have worse road noise but superior traction.
2 wheel alignments, seems to have finally fixed uneven wear but rears burn at more than double the rate of the fronts.
Driver seat padding fell out (fixed under warranty)
Center console lid never closed. Needs a spring or something minor, Tesla denied warranty, will only replace the entire console.
Washer fluid (also the window washer nozzle never really sprays. It only ever dribbles out.
A few random rattle noises and quirks, but still an amazing car.

Thanks everyone in the thread posting higher mileage events... thinking I'll be doing some preemptive maintenance on the 12V battery in the near future.
New control arms I'll add to my post-warranty suspension setup while it's open 🥳

2018 dual motor (see signature) with 116,000 miles. It’s on its fifth set of tires (alignment issues and laziness with regard to rotations). It continues to impress and exceed expectations. Full charge is around 287 miles (it varies), down from 303 when new.

2018 P3D (bought in Sept 18), 39,000 mi.
Original alignment and tires - still look fresh. They’ll easily surpass 50k. Don’t know how I’m doing it, as I think I’m as spirited a driver as any.
No suspension repairs, or anything major. No creaks, rattles or noises of any kind.
12v battery, rear undercarriage tray, driver sun visor and passenger seat headrest replaced under warranty, as well as 2 windshield replacements in the past year from highway stones (100% covered by insurance).
Car gets about 297 mi fully charged (down from 299 new).
This is my best car ever, and I continue to be amazed by it. After a life of BMWs, Mercedes, Jags, Lexus, Infiniti, Land Rover, etc., I’ve made up my mind that any vehicle I buy from here on will be EV, if not Tesla specifically.

2018 Performance; 110K.
5th set of tiers
both inner and outer control arms on both sides in the front
12 volt battery
about 285 @ 100% charge

insisted they change the gear oil in rear@ 100K - they had to special order the filter - the oil was very black but lubricity of oil was good.

no other issues - very happy so far

What did they charge you for the gear oil change? I should probably look into that for both drive units.

And why force them to change it? Wouldn't they have a test for when to change it?

One data point from me: Volkswagen’s “lifetime” transmission fluid only lasted about 60,000 miles before it was toast. Neglect to change it and you were in for a new transmission by 100,000 miles.

We are, of course, talking about very different machines from very different companies, but I think a 100,000 mile fluid change is wise, as it gives you the opportunity to inspect it and see if something is up.

2018 AWD delivered Oct 2018 with just over 114k miles (much of it work travel around the SEUS). Showed 306 miles on a full charge when new, last reading was 282 so about 8% degredation. To date I have spent $4628 on M&R. Over half of that is tires (replaced at 40k then again at 80k). Replaced the 12V at 81k ($220), replaced front door check straps ($188) and rear drivers side speaker ($145) at 99k, and replaced upper control arms ($747) at 108k. The rest would be alignments, rotations (when feeling lazy), tools I bought to perform my own rotations (when not so lazy), wiper blades & fluid, and air filters. Oh and I did have the “stinky ac” flush service performed ($150) at 45k.

All things considered, I’m quite happy with the car and the operating costs. My original goal was to drive this to 200k miles before replacing it and I don’t see any reason I can’t do that. I’ll probably replace it with a Y, although I do have a Cybertruck reservation just to hedge my bets.

2018 dual motor (see signature) with 116,000 miles. It’s on its fifth set of tires (alignment issues and laziness with regard to rotations). It continues to impress and exceed expectations. Full charge is around 287 miles (it varies), down from 303 when new.

2018 Performance; 110K.
5th set of tiers
both inner and outer control arms on both sides in the front
12 volt battery
about 285 @ 100% charge

insisted they change the gear oil in rear@ 100K - they had to special order the filter - the oil was very black but lubricity of oil was good.

no other issues - very happy so far
Gotta keep track of you guys… definitely take the cake. What are your charging habits like? ~285 miles on a full charge after ~110k miles is pretty promising? Especially since degradation should’ve “leveled out” by now?

Gotta keep track of you guys… definitely take the cake. What are your charging habits like? ~285 miles on a full charge after ~110k miles is pretty promising? Especially since degradation should’ve “leveled out” by now?

Most of our miles are road trips, so a lot of Supercharging (mostly 10% to 65%). We home charge to 85% every few days when not on road trips. Rated miles have been hanging out in the mid 280s for over 60,000 miles at this point.

I typically charge to 90% at home and I supercharge frequently b/c of business travel. Wish the car would keep track of total supercharge sessions and data as that would be interesting. If I had to guess I’d say roughly one third of my charging has been on Superchargers. I hit 117k miles this weekend, so battery warranty is almost gone!

Reactions: Big Earl
Yeah, I checked it out when John mentioned you can see your charging events even if you get free charging last week. I freaked out when I only saw 6 months of charging, until I looked around and discovered that they keep all your old charging bundled together by year, only this year is presented in the old format.