Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of us are probably still lower than normal due to COVID, but let's give it a shot. Chime in if you feel like you've achieved a noteworthy mileage on your TM3... How is battery holding up? Issues? Google results are polluted with the same old BS. I'm at ~11,500 and zero "real" problems so far... hoping to make it to 300K (lol?).

I drove more during the pandemic, since I made the two hour round trip commute to surfing a few times a week. Zero problems, which is hard to get used to. 22K miles.

Nick Sunset CC.jpg

Just under 15 months ownership with a March 2020 M3 LR with full upgrades. Over 28,000 miles of which majority was highway commuting. I've driven it on mountain roads, canyon roads, and dirt roads. Road tripped it twice from LA to Joshua Tree and outer Yosemite area. I only get 291 miles at 100% charge which is down from 322. FWIW, I've never seen 322 rated miles on the display since taking delivery of the car. 254 wh/mi lifetime average. TeslaFi shows my battery in the 47th percentile across its user base with similar mileage. I babied the battery the first 11 months and decided to use Chademo/Supercharger whenever I needed to if convenient because the degradation rate seemed like it didn't care. I went about 1.5 months of 99% DC charging and battery rated range hasn't really gone down since. I was at about 295 rate range prior to trying DC only for a few weeks.

Still on stock factory tires with 4-5/32 tread measurements. Only issue I've had was with the passenger side side-view mirror not tilting up so had that replaced under warranty by mobile service.

Reactions: Ferengii
61,000 miles here. Had to have the onboard charger fixed and had to have my front control arms replaced (both out of warranty). Right now the sound doesn’t work in my car and I can’t get the “gas cap” to open unless I pry it open. I think I am on my third set of tires...still on my original brakes. Fully charged I get 300 miles (when it was new I would get 310)

over the lifetime of driving I’ve averaged 245 wh/mi

A lot of us are probably still lower than normal due to COVID, but let's give it a shot. Chime in if you feel like you've achieved a noteworthy mileage on your TM3... How is battery holding up? Issues? Google results are polluted with the same old BS. I'm at ~11,500 and zero "real" problems so far... hoping to make it to 300K (lol?).
16700 miles after 2.5yrs. HV battery is good. No other issues, but may change 12V prophylactically.

The Stats estimated range trend line is about to touch 310miles. Never been that high before. Zoomed in, it looks like 309.8miles. Definitely a unicorn, since I got it home delivered with Zero SOC.
IMG_0871.jpeg

2018 RWD LR.
105K miles in nearly 3.5 years. Full charges to around 297 - 305 mile estimates, pretty much same as when purchased if you skip the software boost that supposedly came out in 2019.
Maintenance:
- Just put on 4th set of tires last week. RWD definitely tends to go through rear tires.
- Just replaced the 12v battery 1 month ago, at Tesla's request. We never experienced any issues with the 12v battery though.

19k miles on Mid-2019 Model 3 AWD. No issues and getting 298 miles when fully charged - New it was just shy off 310. Took it all the way from Texas to Northern Idaho last August and had a blast... Tires will be good for estimated ~24k miles. Doing my own rotations.