Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a data point for battery watchers:

At 32k miles now (LR RWD, 225 wh/mi lifetime). 80% daily charge had dropped to 255 (from 260). The drop was kind of sudden about two months back and was steady at 255 since then. That extrapolates to 318-319, and indeed when I charged to 100% it showed 318 miles.

I let it run down to around 60 miles and then charged to 100% again, still 318. After that, resumed the usual nightly 40% to 80% charging routine. The 80% charge is creeping up one mile each day, now to 259. Might get all the way back to 260 next charge. That extrapolates to 325.

I don’t really care as this is just splitting hairs and even 318 is only 2.2% degradation. But after 32K miles, which is ~20% of the life of many ICE cars before they need significant help, this level of battery performance is incredible.

Just reviving this old thread. I’m sitting at 86k miles now on my Model 3, curious how many out there may have topped 100k miles and how your cars are doing. I was following @TeslaMiles on twitter to get my data fix in this area but he switched to an app called Tezlab which requires users to input their Tesla account credentials to gain access. I may be in the minority but I don’t want to give a third party app access to my Tesla account (and thus access to my car). Wish Tezlab would allow guest accounts to input some stats and see aggregated data on certain metrics.

Anyway, post here if you’re approaching or over 100k miles and share what you want about any issues you are having or if (like me) you’re car has thus far been issue free. Happy driving.

@EnrgyNDpndnce how's your ownership experience like? What are the maintenance / repairs you've gone through? What's the wear and tear like ? I've seen the driver's door arm rest fabric get pretty torn up. The center arm is ok. I've also seen the headrest fabric disintegrate

+1

1 month into M3 ownership and I enjoy hearing other owner experiences after many miles of ownership so I know what to expect!

@EnrgyNDpndnce how's your ownership experience like? What are the maintenance / repairs you've gone through? What's the wear and tear like ? I've seen the driver's door arm rest fabric get pretty torn up. The center arm is ok. I've also seen the headrest fabric disintegrate

I have replaced tires, twice. Rotate tires. Add washer fluid. Replaced the 12V battery around 80k miles. Last year I had the “stinky AC smell” issue and did take it to the Alpharetta SC for the supposed fix which cost me $150. That was my only non-standard issue. Knock wood I’ve had no problems, the car still drives great and the interior still looks fantastic. I do garage the car so I’m sure that helps.

Reactions: HelixSpiral
I bought mine (2018 LR) used at 61K miles a couple months ago, now has 65K. Perfect cosmetic condition. Charge door failed about two weeks after I bought it. Should have been charged for it, but because of a mixup (probably with the transfer from original owner to me) they messed up paperwork and did the fix for free. One eyebrow light is out but after reading some threads here I'm leaving that alone (probably will have a matching one before too long :)

I have not fully charged the battery yet. I typically charge to 70% and the range shows as 210, so I suppose that equates to 300 miles. The day I picked up the car it was showing 295 after he had driven it around some, so It was good enough for me. I'm not going to stress over it.

Loving the car. Took a bit of a gamble buying an out of bumper-to-bumper warranty car, but my two other cars have 185K and 220K on them, I wanted a LR for northern climate, and EAP vs standard autopilot, so got all that at a good price. Hoping the car proves reliable over the long haul.

I bought mine (2018 LR) used at 61K miles a couple months ago, now has 65K. Perfect cosmetic condition. Charge door failed about two weeks after I bought it. Should have been charged for it, but because of a mixup (probably with the transfer from original owner to me) they messed up paperwork and did the fix for free. One eyebrow light is out but after reading some threads here I'm leaving that alone (probably will have a matching one before too long :)

I have not fully charged the battery yet. I typically charge to 70% and the range shows as 210, so I suppose that equates to 300 miles. The day I picked up the car it was showing 295 after he had driven it around some, so It was good enough for me. I'm not going to stress over it.

Loving the car. Took a bit of a gamble buying an out of bumper-to-bumper warranty car, but my two other cars have 185K and 220K on them, I wanted a LR for northern climate, and EAP vs standard autopilot, so got all that at a good price. Hoping the car proves reliable over the long haul.
Haven’t seen any out of warranty M3’s for sale. Wonder what you paid... under $30k?

+1 for curious what you paid, if you don’t mind sharing.

I see on TezLab that the top ODO guys have up to 138K miles, my 55K miles on my Mar. 2018 TM3 doesn't even get me into the top 50 on the leaderboard, though I am close. I have had great luck with my car and Love Love Love driving it. Retired, so I do Supercharger Hunting to give me a place to go.

I did do the 100% charge this week for a road trip and discovered that it only made it to 303 miles. Not a BIG deal as I was only ever seeing 310 on a full charge. It helped that I rarely charged to 100%. I drove it to zero and charged back to 100% just to be sure and it made it to 306. Not too different from the best I ever saw. Perhaps I can just relax now that I have been thru the early degradation. Shame that the update that took the early TM3s to 325 miles range didn't do anything but take me BACK to 310 miles.

Last edited:
Let us know what parts are the culprit when repaired. This is worrisome as many have reported control arm bushings and other related front suspension parts failing prematurely.
Yup that's what it was -

Capture.PNG