Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Mileage Model S/X Owners and Battery Degradation in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Evening:
Just wanted to see how the local community is fairing with Older Model S/X and Battery Loss over time.
My 2015 Model S P90DL is at 199,000km now, and my Battery is down to around 71.5kwh Capacity (67.5 Usable).

Basically at around 16% or so Battery Loss over that time period.
Battery itself seems in fairly good health with very small differences between Cells etc... so that's a positive at least.

God know's how little my effective range would be if I was still running Staggered 21" Wheels and Lower Tyre Pressures.

• Informative
Reactions: positiv
Model S P85D 2015
155000km
kM new(ish): 394km
kM now: 355km

Note: I didn't start recording (Teslafi) this data until there was 20,815 km already driven. For memory I remember getting about 404km when the car was new so degradation since new closer to 12% degradation

Battery Degradation Teslafi.jpg

Attachments

• Battery Degradation.jpg
    Battery Degradation.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I now keep track of my low voltage battery after a “perfectly fine” battery was found to be using 25% of my high voltage battery per week. Its an overnight test worth doing every now and then.

my 2016 S has only lost a couple of km range, but its also not done a lot of km compared to those above so not a usefull comparison.

This is a timely thread, my 2019 X 100D (105,000km) is in getting a new pack (once they get one in, picking up loaner tomorrow) + 12V battery installed. Apparently some electronics sealed in with the pack has failed so they are replacing the whole thing. Luckily the car shutdown while under the carport and not out on the road somewhere.
While it is a pain, it will give the car a new lease of life and I will make sure to keep track of degradation from new which I didn't do with the old one.

Reactions: paulp
2017 Model X 100D
128,000Km
Currently 390Km
nearly all AC charging.

Not sure km when new as Im second owner but have noticed a decline in battery on every charge in the pas 6 or so months
August 2022 and earlier was on average 420 to 424Km with about 112,000Km on it. according to scan my tesla which o only purchased a few weeks ago i have:-
Nominal full pack 85.5Kw.
DC Charge total 1341Kw
AC Charge Total 43986Kw
Discharge Cycles 489

I have now seen the battery test option in the tesla app and will try this over the weekend. MY Model S is older and doesnt have the option to test in the app, nor the scan my tesla needs a different adapter to fit

I was part of the average mid last year but Teslafi now reports " There are 7 vehicles with charges at your current odometer reading. 7 Vehicles have a higher range. 0 Vehicles have a lower range."

Graph below, note the blue line delcline

tesla battery_test 19-2-23.jpeg