Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how important is FSD, this one has FSD whichis 15k option.
Two things here.

One: you need to be sure it has the FSD option and not just the FSD computer (they technically both have that, even if their displays represent it differently). See Question prior to purchase of used Model X.

Two: some people will tell you FSD isn't worth the 7k they used to charge for EAP, but others will tell you FSD is worth every bit of 10k (I don't know if anyone would say the same at 15k). At the end of the day, it comes down to how you perceive the features and their cost comparisons vs competitors. That having been said, I've seen plenty of claims that FSD being included doesn't really impact the used price. So, if you even might want it, it isn't impacting the price, and you'd have to pay 15k to get it after the fact, then that seems like a no-brainer, after due diligence on (one) above.

There are a lot of differences between basic AP, enhanced AP (EAP, not often available, but one might have it), and FSD, but which ones are important to whom will vary, so there's no good way to summarize this. The biggest difference now is arguable the FSD beta, which may now be available to you without jumping through hoops (I've seen indications that it is generally available, but I don't know as I already have it from jumping through hoops), but some people love it while others indicate it's completely unusable.

You also mentioned upgradability at some point. FWIW, Elon has indicated that FSD HW3 won't be upgradable to FSD HW4, and IIRC, there have also been indications that MCU2 to MCU3 won't be done. I'm pretty sure both of the ones you are looking at have FSD HW3 (I haven't paid close attention to the latest and greatest, but I don't think FSD HW4 has been shipping long if at all), so unless the newer one is a palladium with the horizontal MCU (which I believe is a newer MCU that might be upgradable [hard to say when the next generation of hardware doesn't exist yet]), there is likely not much upgradability on either used vehicle you are looking at as the legacy vehicles are now just that.

Reactions: cktemp
75k is high, but those had to be mostly highway miles. I would be less concerned about a high milage Tesla than an ICE vehicle. Price still has to make sense though! And it's unfortunate you can't check the battery degradation before purchasing from tesla, as it was probably supercharged often. That being said, I actually have heard of some people getting info on the 90 or 100% charge range from their sales rep before delivery. It's worth asking, but I wouldn't count on it.

For reference, I bought a 2019 MXPL Raven 6-seater last month for $79,900 with only 13,450mi (private dealer, not Tesla). Picked up a 7yr/100k mi warranty (until 2030) with a $100 deductible through the dealer that covers everything including the HV battery and drive units for $4,400. And yes, I read over everything and even called the warranty company (corner stone) before i purchased the warranty to confirm the coverage. For some reason, the only unusual thing not covered (besides the usual wear and tear items) were the headlights/taillights. I was ok with this since coverage for the HV batt and DU were more important to me.
Aren't HV and DU warrantied by Tesla already ?
I have a 2017 X, and I have a warranty on those for 8 years / unlimited miles.
Maybe this changed ?

Actually the refresh X's didn't come out until late 2021 around October. You may be thinking of the refreshed S, which came out in early 2021. The pre-refresh (Raven) models were produced starting in April 2019 until the refresh in late 2021

You can also easily tell a refresh from the front fog lights (and lower front fascia)!

Here is a GREAT list to use as reference for year over year important changes. Its actually accurate from what I can tell, compared to many other sites with misinformation:

wow this website is so good.

Extended Warranties from a third party will find every way imaginable to deny your claim. I spent almost 11K in warranty coverage for the whole car for 3/36,000, and the battery died within ten days, and they denied the $14,000 repair, claiming they would deny the claim even if it were 10,000 miles on the battery. They are ruthless and only exist to make money, not protect consumers. Beware.

Seventy-five thousand miles has a lot of caveats, but I honestly don't believe the 200,000 - 300,000 mile claim anymore, so I bought a new Tesla, never again dealing with a used one.
What warranty company is this?