Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage used LR RWD resale value thoughts

Do you consider this high-mileage used LR a good value?

• Great value with 120k mile warranty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent value since used prices haven't been very competitive vs new w/ incentives

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Poor Value - way too many miles , early VIN

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PNWLeccy

Jul 11, 2019
Denver
I just came across this 2017 VINxxxx697 LR RWD with 58K+ miles which is the highest I've seen by a pretty big margin. It is listed at $41.5K w/ FSD. I'm not sure if they still allow you to remove FSD like they do on new inventory vehicles but that would put resale value sans FSD at $35.5k. I thought this was an interesting barometer for high-mileage resale value...what do people think about this?

Initial thoughts are that it seems decently priced. I know these sold for much more than they do now than in 2017 so the original owner may have taken a bath on the sale but compared to current prices, resale value seems not too bad. On the other hand, I purchased a LR w/ 4K miles for $35.9k during one of the infamous fire sales but it is a poor point of comparison as I havent seen pricing remotely close to that in months since.

What are your thoughts?

Vehicle referenced above: TeslaCPO.io - Search Tesla's Vehicle Inventory

Last edited:
Wow, well the market dictates if it's a good value or not, right?
With next to zero Model 3's available right now, you'd have to look far. I wouldn't buy a model 3 that used, but it's a question of what you can afford.

Tesla's supposedly have a high resale. Higher than most cars. There's less to wear out too.

There are lots of used (slightly) Model 3's (and X's and S's) on the Tesla Website. I'm not that familiar with prices, but they seem priced more than new ones. Tesla wants $2K to deliver them. They look like mostly returns - and have to be sold as used because even returns have a previous title. They are probably fine. Or you can wait a couple of months.

With next to zero Model 3's available right now, you'd have to look far. I wouldn't buy a model 3 that used, but it's a question of what you can afford.

Tesla's supposedly have a high resale. Higher than most cars. There's less to wear out too.

There are lots of used (slightly) Model 3's (and X's and S's) on the Tesla Website. I'm not that familiar with prices, but they seem priced more than new ones. Tesla wants $2K to deliver them. They look like mostly returns - and have to be sold as used because even returns have a previous title. They are probably fine. Or you can wait a couple of months.
As an owner it definitely is interesting the way Tesla prices their used cars. Since they are likely the biggest resellers of Tesla's they really influence the resale value and they're usually priced very high compared to new w/ tax incentives.

This listing was particularly interesting because it's kind of the first test I've seen of how our cars might depreciate as we pile the miles on our cars. I think it is a good sign that this sold so quick which means some people think that a even a car w/ almost 60k miles over 2 years at that price was very competitive.

Wonder if the resale value will hold up when the Model Y is released...

As someone who has browsed Telsa’s Used listings for a few months ; have seen cars appear, disappear and then reappear later
Point is car may not have sold ; they seem to for some odd reason take cars down in batches just like they list them in batches.