Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes (HOV) Verrazano-Narrows Bridge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GolanB

Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2018
NYC
A colleague of mine recently was under the impression that he was allowed to drive in the HOV lanes to get across the VNB but got stopped for SPEEDING and driving in the HOV Lane. He informed the officer that he thought he was allowed to operate in the HOV lane, and the officer told him this was not the case, and only applied to HOV Lanes in Long Island. He did not get ticketed for HOV lane use, but did for speeding ;)

I wanted to confirm that HOV use across the VNB is NOT permitted while driving with single occupancy.

I have read on the forums that it *is* permitted on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks.

A colleague of mine recently was under the impression that he was allowed to drive in the HOV lanes to get across the VNB but got stopped for SPEEDING and driving in the HOV Lane. He informed the officer that he thought he was allowed to operate in the HOV lane, and the officer told him this was not the case, and only applied to HOV Lanes in Long Island. He did not get ticketed for HOV lane use, but did for speeding ;)

I wanted to confirm that HOV use across the VNB is NOT permitted while driving with single occupancy.

I have read on the forums that it *is* permitted on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks.
I assume he has the clean pass sticker?
If so, it is my understanding that it is for the Long Island Expressway only.

Clean Pass Stickers for High-Occupancy Vehicle Lanes on the Long Island Expressway

I assume he has the clean pass sticker?
If so, it is my understanding that it is for the Long Island Expressway only.

Clean Pass Stickers for High-Occupancy Vehicle Lanes on the Long Island Expressway

No, he does not have a Clean Pass Sticker, and he still takes his chances over the VNB when traffic is heavy. ;)

I've gotten out of plenty of tickets in the past while carying my shield and PBA card, but I'd rather not attract attention by purposely driving in areas I should not.