Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched beep on unlocking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit of a strange one and I have tried a search with no success.
Every so often when I approach the car and unlock it I get a high pitched beep. Just the one beep, but I've never worked out why.

I don't have sentry mode enabled and there are no messages on the screen when I get in.

Anyone have similar?

Cheers

Richard

Had this myself for the first time recently. The car unlocked and I immediately opened the door and the alarm went off very, very briefly (much less than a second). I was in more of a hurry than usual as had parked with the driver door on the road side and there was a car coming and I wanted to get inside pronto! Incredibly (and in this update - never had it before), it does seem that the car unlocks fractionally before telling the alarm system to stand down...

Has started happening to me since last update. Car alarm beeps 4 times then stops when unLock on driveway with sentry mode off.
It's a fault with the latest software update they pushed out to the cars - seems that the car doesn't recognise the phone key and disable the alarm quick enough when you open the door after it's been sleeping - you can prevent it going off by pressing the handle, waiting till you hear the car click into life before pulling the door open if you don't want to annoy the neighbours until Tesla fix it!

Reactions: Cwmwd
It's a fault with the latest software update they pushed out to the cars - seems that the car doesn't recognise the phone key and disable the alarm quick enough when you open the door after it's been sleeping - you can prevent it going off by pressing the handle, waiting till you hear the car click into life before pulling the door open if you don't want to annoy the neighbours until Tesla fix it!
Thanks for the explanation and tip!