Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We noticed when the car picks up speed a high pitched tune playing in the car, sounds like my tinnitus. It's not the fan or the motor and doesn't sound like wind, it's more of an electrical tone that varies in loudness and in pitch (so far I've detected 3 pitches sometimes all playing at once.). We haven't been able to figure out where it's coming from. Anyone else noticed it? If I can get a recording of it I'll make one.

Sounds like your MIL is acting up like mine was a few months ago. I would get the same high pitched sound coming from the back seat area anytime I exceeded the speed limit or turned the stereo above level 3. To fix it, I now leave my MIL at home on longer drives and am once again experiencing the joy of driving without the unnecessary distraction. (MIL is defined on page 2 of the 'Enjoy your Tesla' manual. If you don't have a copy, MIL is 'mother-in-law'). Hope that helps.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
We noticed when the car picks up speed a high pitched tune playing in the car, sounds like my tinnitus. It's not the fan or the motor and doesn't sound like wind, it's more of an electrical tone that varies in loudness and in pitch (so far I've detected 3 pitches sometimes all playing at once.). We haven't been able to figure out where it's coming from. Anyone else noticed it? If I can get a recording of it I'll make one.
Ever figure this out? Can’t tell if it’s my tinnitus either. Occasionally happens so I think it may be. Gotta love ear problems.