Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched sound from HVAC, is this something service will address?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Model Y for about 16 months and just about 6,500 miles. My HVAC has always made a high pitched sound that comes and goes at low fan speeds, but now it’s really noticeable. It also seems to be far more noticeable in cold weather, but that might be also that I tend to precondition more and thus by the time I get in the car the fan is on a lower speed.

Is this first something that Tesla will cover under warranty? Second, is this something that mobile service could likely fix?

Sounds like a bearing failure but im definitely not an expert on this. I would try to schedule a mobile service through the app and see what they say.
I've thought it was a bearing failure on the blower fan too...

Was hoping someone had this issue before and could let me know if it was something mobile service might be able to do. Sometimes the app is a little tricky and they like to default stuff to onsite (which I'm 2 hours away from)

Two hours…ouch. I totally understand your concern there.

I haven’t seen this before. If it were me i would schedule the service asap. If it is the bearing and it does fail you will be without climate control until you can get a service appt.

Two hours…ouch. I totally understand your concern there.

I haven’t seen this before. If it were me i would schedule the service asap. If it is the bearing and it does fail you will be without climate control until you can get a service appt.
Oh I didn't even think about that part... guess I'll give mobile service and the app a go...

Wonder if I can upload videos to the app, I doubt a picture would help much in this case, lol

Hey @acarney ! Hope your family is doing ok.

Checking in here because I have the same issue, same sound. Only when the heat is on (which I just started using this week). Wanted to revive this post to see if there have been any updates/progress.