Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched whining/buzzing noise coming from front of car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not certain when this started but I've noticed a somewhat loud buzzing/whining noise coming from the front end of the car both when the car is parked and while driving. It can clearly be heard from outside the car but you can also hear it inside the car. It seems to happen almost non-stop, though there are period where the car is completely silent, but it used to be silent all the time while parked.

Anyone else ran into this?

Are you guys sure this is 100% normal? I'm not understanding why this started just recently and why it seems to be happening almost constantly. Just this morning again I went to leave for the office and sure enough, the buzzing was there.

I'm not certain when this started but I've noticed a somewhat loud buzzing/whining noise coming from the front end of the car both when the car is parked and while driving. It can clearly be heard from outside the car but you can also hear it inside the car. It seems to happen almost non-stop, though there are period where the car is completely silent, but it used to be silent all the time while parked.

Anyone else ran into this?

Is it the same as this? Refreshed Model S: constant buzzing noise?

ISSUE SOLVED:

I took the car to the service center and they found that the rear coolant pump was bad, which was causing the front coolant pump to run at 100%, which apparently also caused an issue with the Thermal Controller (this was the item causing the buzzing noise).

Car is wonderfully silent once again. :D
can you share what they did to fix it like what it says in the service invoice

ISSUE SOLVED:

I took the car to the service center and they found that the rear coolant pump was bad, which was causing the front coolant pump to run at 100%, which apparently also caused an issue with the Thermal Controller (this was the item causing the buzzing noise).

Car is wonderfully silent once again. :D

@HX_Guy Thank you very much for posting, including the helpful video! I just ran into this same exact noise with my 2015 85D, and will be taking it into the service center asap.