Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Power Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Trying to figure out if my Model X 2018 will come with a 72amp or 48amp charger.
Its a 75D, on the spec sheet it says:

CHARGING
High Power Charger Included

But unable to find out what that means. From the looks of the forums its going to be a 48amp, but this is a car going to Australia so it might be different to US orders.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

Trying to figure out if my Model X 2018 will come with a 72amp or 48amp charger.
Its a 75D, on the spec sheet it says:

CHARGING
High Power Charger Included

But unable to find out what that means. From the looks of the forums its going to be a 48amp, but this is a car going to Australia so it might be different to US orders.

Any ideas?
Where does it say ‘high power charging’? All new S and X are 48 Amp unless 100 kWh then you get the 72 Amp. And it’s no longer an option.

If this were a used car, there may be something to discuss, but that ‘high power’ text is weird.

Edit: Arg, all that is for USA, lol. For non-single phase, it def is different.

See attached image.

*edit: brand new car - factory order
*edit 2: yes... the TAX in Australia is horrendous... AU$36104.09 (Approx US$27k)

Attachments

• x.PNG
    x.PNG
    74.4 KB · Views: 79
Here you go. By going to Tesla.com and changing the country to Australia, I found this. Clicked on charging, home charging and it comes up with:

Tesla vehicles are now equipped with the High Power Charger, capable of 16.5kW. Your Tesla may have other options of on-board chargers.

For a 75, pretty sure that’s what you getting! :D

• Informative
Reactions: Icey
Here you go. By going to Tesla.com and changing the country to Australia, I found this. Clicked on charging, home charging and it comes up with:

Tesla vehicles are now equipped with the High Power Charger, capable of 16.5kW. Your Tesla may have other options of on-board chargers.

For a 75, pretty sure that’s what you getting! :D

Thanks!!! Don't know why I could not see that at first.

So it looks like in Australia its 72amp by default... (unless 16.5kw charging does not = 72amp.... (68amp @ 240v...))