TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

High Power Charger

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Icey, May 1, 2018.

1. Icey

Icey Member

Hi all,

Trying to figure out if my Model X 2018 will come with a 72amp or 48amp charger.
    Its a 75D, on the spec sheet it says:

CHARGING
    High Power Charger Included

But unable to find out what that means. From the looks of the forums its going to be a 48amp, but this is a car going to Australia so it might be different to US orders.

Any ideas?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Where does it say ‘high power charging’? All new S and X are 48 Amp unless 100 kWh then you get the 72 Amp. And it’s no longer an option.

If this were a used car, there may be something to discuss, but that ‘high power’ text is weird.

Edit: Arg, all that is for USA, lol. For non-single phase, it def is different.

3. Icey

Icey Member

See attached image.

*edit: brand new car - factory order
    *edit 2: yes... the TAX in Australia is horrendous... AU$36104.09 (Approx US$27k)

Attached Files:

• x.PNG
      x.PNG
      File size:
      74.4 KB
      Views:
  4. boaterva

Here you go. By going to Tesla.com and changing the country to Australia, I found this. Clicked on charging, home charging and it comes up with:

Tesla vehicles are now equipped with the High Power Charger, capable of 16.5kW. Your Tesla may have other options of on-board chargers.

For a 75, pretty sure that’s what you getting! :D

• Informative x 1
  5. Icey

Icey Member

Thanks!!! Don't know why I could not see that at first.

So it looks like in Australia its 72amp by default... (unless 16.5kw charging does not = 72amp.... (68amp @ 240v...))

6. boaterva

Pretty close, yeah. In any case, it’s close/equivalent to what the 100 car gets in the USA which is interesting.

7. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

Go on the charging screen when you are parked, see if you can bring the A up to 72

8. Icey

Icey Member

Don't have the car as of yet. Need to know this information prior to decide if I get a 3 phase charger.
    Got a call this afternoon from the DS and he confirmed that my MX 75D will come with the 72amp charger :)

• Like x 2