TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

High Power Wall Connector Cable Organizer on Tesla Website

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by JerryNycom, Jul 15, 2013.

1. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

2. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

3. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

That's exactly why I am ordering it! Nicely holds cable! My guess.........$59.99......LOL.......Not really laughing.....

4. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

I got one sent to me for free. Didn't order it. Works great.

5. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

OK, I'm confused. Isn't this the one comes with the HPWC? And didn't everyone who bought the HPWC before the wall organizer was available get a note promising one for free? Not sure why they are now selling. Jerry, you should call them up and complain about not getting one with your HPWC. I'm sure you will get the one that was promised to you.

6. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

I DID get one with my HPWC, but I am using that for my vacation home.....I want a 2nd hanger for my Mobile Connector in my home....Love the way it looks! When I asked for a 2nd one they laughed that some people didn't get their 1st one yet! Guess there are a lot of nuts out there like me asking!?!

7. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Yup, since it will work with the UMC, it's a nice accessory, that's injection molded and probably low cost to make, so they can probably get a decent margin on this, makes sense to offer extras/spares.

8. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Ah, finally!

I really didn't like my simply Home Depot hook for my UMC.

9. Luder94

Luder94 Member

I've got one....for whatever reason, I can't get the connector to sit in the receptacle cleanly....it always goes in and sits in at an angle; it's also in there loose. A couple of times, I've found the connector dangling instead of being in the receptacle.

I may end up selling my Tesla HPWC cable organizer; probably will wait until I bend a wheel and then just mount the 21" bent wheel on the wall and use that as a cable organizer.

10. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

What is the mechanism for holding the connector in? I can't really tell from the Tesla photos and I've never seen on in-person. Trying to decide if this is what I want for my UMC.

11. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

you and everyone else. The solution is 2 hangers, one for the coil of cable and one for the connector. The connector hanger would line up with the left or right edge of the coil so the connector would hang vertically.

- - - Updated - - -

It seats on several shallow lips inside. It was designed for the connector to sit vertically but the tension of the coiled cable forces it at an angle. In the worst case, it falls out.

12. JPP

JPP Active Member

13. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

a.k.a. a lame design. It could have been so much better, certainly not worth more than 'free with the HPWC'.

14. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Yeah, I agree. I don't think it would have been that hard to come with a design that locks the connector in place. Maybe just a bit deeper.