Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High quality Door handle blackout?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i currently have Evannex carbon covers that are great quality, I want to switch it up to black but Evannex doesn’t make them. I gambled and got some $25 one off of EBay. Mistake, they were super thin and low quality, should have known better.

Without painting who has found decent ones?

i currently have Evannex carbon covers that are great quality, I want to switch it up to black but Evannex doesn’t make them. I gambled and got some $25 one off of EBay. Mistake, they were super thin and low quality, should have known better.

Without painting who has found decent ones?

I have these in my Amazon cart but have yet to pull the trigger. They have pretty good reviews.
Link: http://a.co/d/2r0jMzD

why not go to a reputable detailer, and ask for a "Chrome Delete"?

That is what most of us do on our cars, and they wrap the entire handle in film.
A good detailer will also wrap it behind the handle, so you dont get ugly cut lines.

Here is an example of how a chrome delete on door handles look:

20180908_163243.jpg

As you can see the entire handle is chrome deleted, and its not just the facing side like those covers.

Where did you get yours done? I've been looking on and off for a while...

why not go to a reputable detailer, and ask for a "Chrome Delete"?

That is what most of us do on our cars, and they wrap the entire handle in film.
A good detailer will also wrap it behind the handle, so you dont get ugly cut lines.

Here is an example of how a chrome delete on door handles look:

20180908_163243.jpg

As you can see the entire handle is chrome deleted, and its not just the facing side like those covers.

How much do they charge (ballpark)?

just for handles i do not know...

I got my entire car chrome deleted + xpel + CQuartz, so i came out with a large bill.
You should just call them directly.

Alexa is who i dealed with at sticker city.
For RDBLA, i forget what that guys name was, but he's the one in the youtube videos.

Both are great installers from what i hear from the community.
Dean at sticker city has even once said, his lot looked like a tesla dealership with all the MS MX and M3's they had.
They get a LOT of Volume which is important when dealing with installers.

RDBLA my friend who has a Mclaren said nothing but praise about there worksmanship.
If you have some imperfections with finishes, RDBLA is a full onsite body shop, so they can take care of those slight misalignment.
RDBLA will take apart the car and put it back together to wrap stuff.