Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High School Raffle of new Tesla S 85kwh sedan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, if you cannot purchase a ticket locally IN Washington, then you cannot buy a ticket. Just found that out by reading the whole thread @ teslamotors.com.

Some forum users, that are in Washington are offering to buy tickets for people if you send them the money, but I dont know how much I would trust that.

I will reiterate, you CANNOT send money from out of state, to buy a ticket. You must purchase in person.

FYI, if you cannot purchase a ticket locally IN Washington, then you cannot buy a ticket. Just found that out by reading the whole thread @ teslamotors.com.

Some forum users, that are in Washington are offering to buy tickets for people if you send them the money, but I dont know how much I would trust that.

I will reiterate, you CANNOT send money from out of state, to buy a ticket. You must purchase in person.

That's outdated information you got off the Tesla Motors web site forum. The only restriction is that the school is not allowed to advertise the raffle out of state. But anyone can purchase tickets over the phone with a credit card. My friend in New York just did. You don't have to be present to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think it would be inappropriate to call him on a Sunday?

Why not? The raffle is officially "on" since they crossed the 1,000 ticket minimum. There must be fewer than 100 tickets left. No more than 1,650 will be sold.

Last edited:
Just bought 2 tix. Based on my #s, I'd say there are EXACTLY 100 left. Phil answered the phone, I said he seems to be a popular guy on TMC forum. He laughed and said, "yeah". ML

fyi he also said car will be at Tesla in Seattle -not factory

Last edited:
Are our names associated with the ticket, or just a number? I can't remember. My ticket is at home and I'm at the Lake house. Will they call me tonight to let me know about my good fortune?

That's gonna be a lot of 30amp and 50amp campground charging between Seattle and Indiana!