Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Voltage Bus Problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my March 2017 Model S 100D in for a simple 12,000 mike service (annual maintenance). Absolutely no issues with the vehicle prior to taking it in.

Received a call the next day that whole “pulling the logs” they noticed something odd with the high voltage bus. It wasn’t enough to ever trigger a dash alert but “they needed engineering to look at it and diagnose”.

4 full days letter I’m told they don’t like what they see and are ordering parts to replace something but there are no real specifics other than the following:

========================
“High Voltage BUS unexpected system behavior”. We had to order parts and they should be in tomorrow.
=========================

ANY ELECTRICAL EXPERIENCE OUT THERE? Sound familiar to anyone?

Something’s bogus there. Mercedes is the only company with a high voltage bus. o_O

BBD108A3-47C0-4597-A1DF-1D38745A0CB2.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and cwerdna
An electrical bus (in wiring design and implementation) is like a highway for electricity, with points coming off to energy receivers. This is the first time I've seen such an issue. For the error they've identified, I suspect this bus is connected to the li-ion battery, which as you may know has high voltage.

I hope Tesla will resolve the problem for you quickly, Cookpwr.