Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Higher mileage S warranty expiration for battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tesluv108

2023 M3 SR LFP, (plaid something, someday?)
Aug 29, 2020
Ohio
Hello, I’m leaning towards buying a higher mileage model S. My experience with Tesla is they will not disclose any service records of what has been previously repaired for the car. I don’t understand this policy at all but that’s another story. My question is this, where can you get the actual warranty expiration date? The build date of the car is 12/2014. I think the first owner took possession on 12/31/2014. Does that mean the warranty expires 12/30/2022? Yes the mileage is under 150,000. Thanks in advance

Hello, I’m leaning towards buying a higher mileage model S. My experience with Tesla is they will not disclose any service records of what has been previously repaired for the car. I don’t understand this policy at all but that’s another story. My question is this, where can you get the actual warranty expiration date? The build date of the car is 12/2014. I think the first owner took possession on 12/31/2014. Does that mean the warranty expires 12/30/2022? Yes the mileage is under 150,000. Thanks in advance
FYI, It’s unlimited mileage for S/X built before 2020 for battery and drive train.

Once the car is in your account it might show exact dates.

Does that mean the warranty expires 12/30/2022? Yes the mileage is under 150,000. Thanks in advance
You didn't say what model it is. In the 2014 year, they were still selling the 60 or the 85 sized battery, and they had different warranties. As @Yurand mentioned, the 60 only had a 125K mile limit, but the 85 was listed as unlimited miles. However, it's miles or years, whichever comes first, and they both had an 8 year limit. So yes, end of December 2022 would be when the 8 years runs out.

Reactions: tesluv108