Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Higher Wh/m average after proactive contactor repair??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my contactors replaced as part of the proactive repair. My average Wh/mi was 326 on my P85 over the past month. 3500 approx miles which included two road trips between Seattle and Portland. Yesterday I went down to Portland again and just that trip my average Wh/m was 471 and it took my monthly average up to 372...

had as anyone else seen this happen? I've owned my car for about 18 months and never seen the energy usage this high. And I had my cruise set for 70mph so I was driving at anything higher than I normally would have in fact much slower than I would normally.

I just had my contactors replaced as part of the proactive repair. My average Wh/mi was 326 on my P85 over the past month. 3500 approx miles which included two road trips between Seattle and Portland. Yesterday I went down to Portland again and just that trip my average Wh/m was 471 and it took my monthly average up to 372...

had as anyone else seen this happen? I've owned my car for about 18 months and never seen the energy usage this high. And I had my cruise set for 70mph so I was driving at anything higher than I normally would have in fact much slower than I would normally.

I wouldn't look at one trip as a data point, only because you could have winds or temperature differences or a few other things.

Contactor repair should not cause a higher average, nor should it create a drain through the car's energy monitoring system that would cause it to register a higher number. Take a look over the next week or two to see what things look like and ask Tesla to take a look if it doesn't look better.

It didn't affect mine.