Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest density of Model S's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I live in San Diego, and rarely spot any Model S's driving around. I have seen them, but are pretty rare. This week I'm in Hong Kong, and they seem like candy around here. Every day I've seen at least 5 on the road, if not more. I also saw a model X today. HK also has a ton of ICE luxury cars on the roads.

Where do people see the most Tesla's on the road?
Derek - I'm in Carmel Valley, and in the 10 mile drive to work (west Rancho Bernardo), I see 10-15 model S's, as well as 1 model X. Two of the S's are parked on the street where I work - a red 85 and a black P85D.

So I live in San Diego, and rarely spot any Model S's driving around. I have seen them, but are pretty rare.

Where do people see the most Teslas on the road?

I lived in the Bay Area up until last year, and there wasn't a day that'd go by without seeing a Roadster or a Model S. Partly this was because I lived in Mountain View, fairly close to the Palo Alto Showroom, and partly because Mountain View is full of tech nerds. The Model S is the Silicon Valley Camry, and you won't go to any parking lot of a bay area tech company without seeing at least one.

Wherever there's electric car benefits, there will be Teslas, such as the HOV lanes -- on a recent trip to the Bay Area, in the HOV lane, I probably counted around 3 Nissan Leafs to every Model S, and a fair number of Green stickered Hybrids on the commute.

I took my MS down to San Diego and didn't see a single other MS until I hit the Qualcomm Supercharger on my way back. Part of this is because it was the weekend before spring break and the traffic as well as the HOV lane was unusually heavy, so the trip from LA to San Diego took close to 5 hours, as we couldn't go faster than about 15 mph for most of the way.

I see them in the HOV lanes during commute hours, and the closer you are to a Showroom or a Supercharger (or a freeway exit that leads to either) the more you'll see.

Orange County (CA) has the most owners of any county in the US still, but one has to believe other areas (see above) will catch up.

Why San Diego County has just 1 SC, given the density and pressure that places upon the lone SC in southern Orange County is mystifying.

At least Orange County has 2 SvCs now.

North of Sunset Blvd as well as the entire Palos Verdes peninsula are also hotbeds of Model S and now X density.

Very cool to see Norway (of all places and with an oil-centric economy, no less) continuing to lead the way internationally with Model S ownership.

I could not believe how many were in Hong Kong. A friend and I were sitting in a bar on Morrison Road, and had been seeing quite a few so started counting. We saw 12 go by over the next hour. The next morning I come out of my hotel, and there are 4 of them parked on the street within one block of our hotel...

Reactions: techmaven
The other day I drove in the 405 freeway through Los Angeles. It was light traffic. I counted 3 Teslas for every 10 min of driving in one direction. Sine I was watching the road driving in the opposite direction I might have missed a few. In some areas around Los Angeles and Orange County it's common to see even more.
Yup. I drive OC to Malibu, Beverly Hills, the whole west side, etc. and often end up side to side with my same config. I see an X or two a week too. They really stand out now.