Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest mileage driven so far & reliability issue’s long term.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who has the highest mileage on their EV? I’m think long term reliability and use, anyone has surpassed 100k or more miles? My other hybrid is over 168k miles, just changed the 12v and tires recently and still going. My wife’s daily commute is about 100 miles each way. What are you thought using this vehicle as a commuter considering high cost of fuel.

My 2020 model Y long range is now 110k miles, and I'm getting about 14% degradation. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, it was around 8% 4 months ago in summer time 98k). Right now it's winter in California (35F - 55F low to high) so I'm hoping that is Winter specific calculation.

Anyone else seeing your full charge number lower during Winter time? Is that normal?
I'm correcting my original post. It turned out that I have selected a 21" uberturbine wheel under Settings - Tire (my mistake), thus my full 100% SOC was at 14% degradation, but once I fixed that to 20" turbine wheel, I recalculated my battery degradation to 8.9%. That is pretty darn good.

So here is my updated number:
MYLR at 110k miles, 100% charge is at 287 rated miles (Garage temp 45 degree F)

Upvote 0
My 2020 model Y long range is now 110k miles, and I'm getting about 14% degradation. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, it was around 8% 4 months ago in summer time 98k). Right now it's winter in California (35F - 55F low to high) so I'm hoping that is Winter specific calculation.

Anyone else seeing your full charge number lower during Winter time? Is that normal?

The difference is probably due to some BMS calibration. Around 10%-15% degradation after 2-3 years and 100k miles is typical. Your battery degradation should taper off at this point. You won't lose much range from now on, maybe 1%-2% each year.

Upvote 0