TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Highest MSRP for a Roadster?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by spiderguy, May 19, 2015.

1. spiderguy

spiderguy Member

Is this possibly the highest MSRP Roadster ever made, stickered at over $165K?

roadster.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Roadster-Sport-Carbon-/181729119832?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a4fe64e58&item=181729119832

Looks like it has EVERY option that was available:

Premium Paint
    Paint Armor
    Full Body Paint Armor (entire car)
    Solar guard windshield
    Executive leather and Premium Seats
    Infotainment group

Carbon Fiber Pieces:
    Door sills
    Upper door sills
    Instrument binnacle
    Stereo binnacle
    Center console trim
    Hood panels
    Rear spoiler
    Body side ducts
    Hard top

2. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

There were quite a few similarly equipped Roadster Sport 2.5s.

3. swaltner

swaltner Member

4. spiderguy

spiderguy Member

Good observation! However, fully charged, the range in normal mode was 182. I wonder how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know. I guess the majority of them haven't come up for sale as I've monitored this market every week for the past year and the highest one I've seen has been about $160K.

5. mgemmell

mgemmell Scottish chap

You can see on another screen that it is actually 157 miles... the 107 miles you see under the speedo is the range based on the last few miles of driving (which have clearly been "spirited"). Mind you our exact same Roadster with > 40000 miles driven has 172 miles at 80% so, while it is not as low as you say, 157 is still suspiciously low for an essentially new car.

Perhaps it has been left to run very low for a while or it has been stored with little care? Either way, it doesn't jive with what looks like a nearly new Roadster.

6. slcasner

slcasner Member

I think the highest MSRP for a Roadster was for the last few made which had special paint colors and a few other tweaks and were sold as a special release. I don't recall the price.

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Forget MSRP, check out this used price for a "final 5":

Tesla Exotic Car Search

8. spiderguy

spiderguy Member

#8 spiderguy, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    I saw that one. It's been listed for more than a year!

- - - Updated - - -

I never knew that. So the way that it works is that the range indicator below the speedo is based upon recent driving (how many miles?), whereas the range from the lower screen on the right is based upon something different? Is the bottom screen range based on "average" driving?

On another note, a 172 mile range @ 80% is incredible! I've driven 7 different Roadsters and they all range between 170-185 when fully charged. What is your range at 100%?

9. gregd

gregd Member

"Fully charged" in Standard mode is actually about 83% charged at the battery, at least according to my car's logs. The upper end of the theoretical battery charge is left unused in order to reduce stress on the battery. So, 80% is about right for "fully charged" in Standard mode, and 172 miles is about right for a car with 40k mi on it. Mine gets to the low 170s, and I have 31k miles on it.

10. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

That car is showing 157 miles at about 75% battery. I think the post above saying it charges to 182 is accurate.

Yes, one is "ideal" range and the other is "estimated" range.