Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you recall from the Model X ramp up, we were assigned a VIN a few weeks before delivery. My employee contact was told to expect delivery at the end of this month to early October from the Tesla rep but he doesn’t have a VIN on MyTesla yet?

Are sunshade related post exempted?
Most of the employees I know had their VIN more than two weeks prior to delivery. (I say 'most' because I don't know when some had that info, never discussed.)

Most of the employees I know had their VIN more than two weeks prior to delivery. (I say 'most' because I don't know when some had that info, never discussed.)

Maybe he isn’t looking at the right place. He got his reservation through his brother in law who works at Tesla...he is just a regular Tesla owner not fanboys like us

Let us keep a thread of newly discovered VIN plates photographed in the wild. The objective is to keep track of it growing and we can watch Tesla ramp up with the model 3!

The only rule that I request is that you only post VINs that are higher than the last poster.

That should help keep this thread a little cleaner. Happy hunting!

The way I read the OP's request is: post a newer production VIN here if you have one. Other posts should go elsewhere.

I think 259 is still the number to beat?

The way I read the OP's request is: post a newer production VIN here if you have one. Other posts should go elsewhere.

I think 259 is still the number to beat?
I reported elsewhere that I witnessed 310 being delivered to a customer last week at the Fremont Delivery Center. I know the 3XX series were thought to be production validation (not RC!) cars but there is now evidence of at least one of them in customer hands.

What about this one

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rkJpLxgJrTI7EIvI3
rkJpLxgJrTI7EIvI3
rkJpLxgJrTI7EIvI3

‘Start of Production’ (SOP) cars (like 313 and 316) all but one 3xx VINs - not delivered to the customers.

They are used by Tesla for internal tests and development. AP? FM radio? ;)

3xx should not be counted towards highest vin because these were created in q1-q2 2017. 1xx, 2xx, 4xx+ Are from July 2017 onward and should be the only ones that matter.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and dennis
3xx should not be counted towards highest vin because these were created in q1-q2 2017. 1xx, 2xx, 4xx+ Are from July 2017 onward and should be the only ones that matter.
3xx also are from July (see Monroney stickers with production date 07/2017) so at least in this qualification they could...
Tesla simply made some cars with 3xx VINs for internal purposes folowed by 001, 002, 003...

Reactions: MP3Mike and dennis
Well, without photos there's really not "evidence" per say.
Since I was in the delivery area where I didn't belong and had to walk past the DS and the customer just to look at the VIN it wasn't possible to snap a picture. You can check out my other 1793 posts on TMC if you doubt whether I am reporting the truth.

Since I was in the delivery area where I didn't belong and had to walk past the DS and the customer just to look at the VIN it wasn't possible to snap a picture. You can check out my other 1793 posts on TMC if you doubt whether I am reporting the truth.

Without a photo it's meaningless.

Even if it's 95% likely you noted and remembered the VIN correctly it's also possible that you saw it and misinterpreted it. That's why without a photo it's "meaningless".

I don't really care how long you've been how long you've been at TMC or how trustworthy you are, I'm just pointing out that people get stuff like this wrong all the time. Go talk to any cop about reliability of witness testimony. :)

Without a photo it's meaningless.

Even if it's 95% likely you noted and remembered the VIN correctly it's also possible that you saw it and misinterpreted it. That's why without a photo it's "meaningless".

I don't really care how long you've been how long you've been at TMC or how trustworthy you are, I'm just pointing out that people get stuff like this wrong all the time. Go talk to any cop about reliability of witness testimony. :)
Yeah, you're right, I mis-remembered it. It was 410 ha ha.

I'll stand by my report, especially given that I had just noted the VINs on 11 other Model 3's in the employee charging area at the factory.You can choose to believe whatever you want.

Last edited: