Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5YJ3E1E>B<3JF008370

B=Dual Motor

Not to put a damper on those waiting for Dual Motor, but I sincerely hope they do not start manufacturing that option until they can sustain decent rates on first production models. While technically possible to introduce a new variable like that and sustain rate improvement and consistency, Tesla is not exactly known for either of those things with limited parameters.

Not to put a damper on those waiting for Dual Motor, but I sincerely hope they do not start manufacturing that option until they can sustain decent rates on first production models. While technically possible to introduce a new variable like that and sustain rate improvement and consistency, Tesla is not exactly known for either of those things with limited parameters.
Maybe Tesla will add duel drive too Model 3 and then start offering Model 3 SRD with premium package so that the price of the model don't go down so much but they use less batteries and modules per car.

Maybe Tesla will add duel drive too Model 3 and then start offering Model 3 SRD with premium package so that the price of the model don't go down so much but they use less batteries and modules per car.
I think if there will be growing pain in ramping SR and AWD, they might as well do it now in Q1/Q2, since the LR+PUP config seems to be fairly stable in terms of production rate and quality, besides the battery module production. This way, when they cross the 200K US sales threshold and tax incentive starts to decrease, they can sell all 3 configs at full production, and not penalize any customers who are waiting for a specific config.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyNavy01
pics1.jpg

Interesting comment from InsideEVs February sales report card regarding the lack of recent high VINs:

"We should also point out that an anonymous source with close ties to Model 3 production made us aware that the line has been down for as much as a week at a time over the course of the last month or so due to timing issues with the robots."