Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I didn't check for it. I saw some thread, but I feel like people are being too picky. If mine protruded a quarter inch, I would probably not even notice. I mean, yeah, with people bringing up this kind of stuff it makes you aware, but if I wasn't reading this forum I wouldn't notice and wouldn't care.

I don't even care for the panel gaps, but this was from the driver seat you could see it completely not in line with the front end. I'm sure it could be fixed by loosening the headlight mounting bolts and moving the headlight which I'm hoping I won't have to do. These last few weeks seem longer than the two year wait I've already sat through.

In CO Littleton SC on Fri saw 5 M3s, VINs ranging from 10K for sport black, to 13K, 15K, and the highest was red sportView attachment 295866
So the red 3 you saw was 18117; last week I saw 184XX (I decided not to post the complete VIN in the interest of the owner’s privacy; owner wasn’t there so could not ask for permission).

So the red 3 you saw was 18117; last week I saw 184XX (I decided not to post the complete VIN in the interest of the owner’s privacy; owner wasn’t there so could not ask for permission).
Well, we all know that the numbers exist, right? I don't believe anyone will dispute that the number 18118 is out there somewhere ... I dont see harm in visual confirmation of that as long as the owner's name is not posted right next to it.

Also,I don't have photo editing software on my phone and if I just post "hey I saw a number 55,5xx" does it look credible?

Last edited:
I don't even care for the panel gaps, but this was from the driver seat you could see it completely not in line with the front end. I'm sure it could be fixed by loosening the headlight mounting bolts and moving the headlight which I'm hoping I won't have to do. These last few weeks seem longer than the two year wait I've already sat through.

Let us keep a thread of newly discovered VIN plates photographed in the wild.

In Littleton, CO SC saw 24 M3s today, I think around half had paperwork with the owner name placed right next to the VIN, but for our photographic convenience they started writing VINs on the windshield with the lipstick, so that we don't have to expose owner names. Numbers were everywhere between min/max posted:
20180429_153606.jpg
20180429_152756.jpg