Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla batch process cars with a specific paint option or wheel type? Seems like the assembly line could be setup so it is equally simple to paint a red car vs a blue car or aero vs standard wheels.

See the production batch info from @Troy crowdsourced google sheet:❖ Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet

upload_2018-4-14_11-23-40.png

The car is painted w/o the doors? I was just marveling at the way the car looked like it was dropped in paint, every nook is covered and no marks from bolting together after painting.

-Randy

Normal process: car metal is assembled including doors, entire thing is painted with robots opening / closing doors as needed. Paint is dried, then doors are removed and door parts are assembled on a separate line. Completed door assemblies reinstalled near the end of the line after the interior is completed. That's why you don't see them in the factory shots.

I have a VIN very close to this and I am wondering if you noticed protruding headlights.
Sorry, I didn't check for it. I saw some thread, but I feel like people are being too picky. If mine protruded a quarter inch, I would probably not even notice. I mean, yeah, with people bringing up this kind of stuff it makes you aware, but if I wasn't reading this forum I wouldn't notice and wouldn't care.

Sorry, I didn't check for it. I saw some thread, but I feel like people are being too picky. If mine protruded a quarter inch, I would probably not even notice. I mean, yeah, with people bringing up this kind of stuff it makes you aware, but if I wasn't reading this forum I wouldn't notice and wouldn't care.

I have a VIN very close to this and I am wondering if you noticed protruding headlights.

Apparently this is an issue that I somehow overlooked until this final couple of weeks until delivery.

I know what you mean, apparently the Nissan Leaf has a protruding headlight issue too, but most people don't seem to care. ;)

upload_2018-4-22_18-2-0.png

In CO Littleton SC on Fri saw 5 M3s, VINs ranging from 10K for sport black, to 13K, 15K, and the highest was red sportView attachment 295866
Ah so that was one of the two train stops. My car was produced the same day (also Red and VIN with 80 digits). Now just waiting for the train to make it here. I feel like its taking longer than when they ship cars from Europe via boat. #anotherwait!

I know what you mean, apparently the Nissan Leaf has a protruding headlight issue too, but most people don't seem to care. ;)

View attachment 295987
Hey now, I have a dear spot in my heart for my Leaf while I await a 3. Yes, it is ugly as sin with its big eyes and big round butt, but it sure beats driving an ICE!

Apparently this is an issue that I somehow overlooked until this final couple of weeks until delivery.

As I wrote at Seattle M3 group:

Since the panel gap gate, I've been looking at cars. Both my current have about this level gaps, and just about hour ago saw a new Porsche with much worse gaps on both side front quarter panels. I think the early Model 3 prototypes made us too sensitive on this matter.