Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#Model3VIN 30230

Attachments

• CA941165-FDFD-4571-82FE-27551BC7712D.png
    CA941165-FDFD-4571-82FE-27551BC7712D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: sundaymorning
Just got to drive a M3 today for the first time and I have to say I was very impressed. The panel gaps and interior fit were perfect. The guy picked it up a week ago, VIN 30K. While parked and talking about the car a couple strangers walked up to us and asked us the following questions. 1 Is that a Tesla? 2. Isn’t that the car they are having problem with catching on fire? They were corrected on the fire issue but we were left with the impression they thought we weren’t telling them the truth. They told us they had read and heard stories about Tesla fires. So we must be wrong. And on their merry way they went. I guess once a story is read or seen on tv news there’s no changing some peoples minds.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe
just tried to google what a check digit is..... i'm still confused lol

The check character is just to ensure it is a legal VIN. My car actually has "X" as well for the check character.

As far as determining if it is a dual motor or performance, it is the 8th character that determines the drive unit ("A" is single motor). I believe standard dual motor is "B," not sure for Performance models.

Point taken. Thing is if shorts see this they will scream "manipulation"

If that's the best argument they have to support their case, then let them scream all they want. And of course they are going to complain because the "manipulation" strategy hurts their position and helps Tesla's bottom line which is the last thing they want. What they don't get is that it would be unethical for Tesla to NOT take steps to maximize their profit. I guess they feel that because they are betting against Tesla that they feel that Tesla is obligated to put themselves in a disadvantageous position to help their cause?

The Bloomberg Tesla tracker only has 30,335 as the highest reported VIN
I've been looking at the Bloomberg Tesla tracker regularly. It appears that they've been a little behind updating parts of the tracker. VIN numbers being one of those parts. Either that or people are no longer reporting VINs to Bloomberg. Maybe they got tired of updating that part of the tracker. Notice the hard cutoff and nothing since. The last blog post on the tracker was from May 18th.

Easy, hover over the dot and you'll see the #

Ah...that's not the VIN dot it's reporting, it's the value of the black line at the X coordinate (day) your mouse is on. Go to a a point where there are a lot of yellow dots verticially and then move your mouse up and down. The number you are looking at doesn't change.

The actual VIN numbers are kept secret by Bloomberg (in order to encourage people to report REAL VIN numbers I suppose), so not surprising they don't let you see actual VIN numbers.

So last actual picture of highest VIN is like 29,000??? Like 2-3 weeks ago? What is going on?
If anywhere near the 5k per week level they should be well into the 40,000’s by now I would think.
People just get bored of taking photos of VINs that they see out in the wild I hope! If I was in US I’d be looking at the VIN of every Model 3 that I saw.

Reactions: KJD