Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that Tesla has built well over 100,000 Model 3’s, this thread has gone quiet. :cool:

Here’s an update. Last Sunday I was on I5 in California and over a period of a few hours saw multiple car transporters full of new Teslas and some with not new (not wrapped) Teslas, probably end-of-year fleet sales. At a rest stop I parked next to a Tesla transporter to do a driver change and looked at a new Model 3 on the bottom level of the transporter.

It’s VIN was 177672.

View attachment 363785

yeah....threads like this are only good when folks look forward to something.

Once that "something" happens....its not as interesting.

What's also interesting is that people who argued in this thread...now see the argument as a non-issue. I wish we could pot that "non-issue" perspective at the beginning of an argument..as that would probably prevent the argument from happening in the first place. LOL GB.

Now that Tesla has built well over 100,000 Model 3’s, this thread has gone quiet. :cool:

Here’s an update. Last Sunday I was on I5 in California and over a period of a few hours saw multiple car transporters full of new Teslas and some with not new (not wrapped) Teslas, probably end-of-year fleet sales. At a rest stop I parked next to a Tesla transporter to do a driver change and looked at a new Model 3 on the bottom level of the transporter.

It’s VIN was 177672.

View attachment 363785
I'm jealous of your trailer!

yeah....threads like this are only good when folks look forward to something.

Once that "something" happens....its not as interesting.

What's also interesting is that people who argued in this thread...now see the argument as a non-issue. I wish we could pot that "non-issue" perspective at the beginning of an argument..as that would probably prevent the argument from happening in the first place. LOL GB.

Thread gone quiet is because we are all out enjoy driving our Model 3!

Reactions: KJD
I'm sorry that I expressed myself so unclearly.

I already had 2 Model S and know that if you have a vehicle, you see it in the app at the bottom and in the front of the car. (I even know the numbers of my two, P19183 and 136198)

But it's about my Model 3 order.
When and where do you recognize a progress?
Will the VIN be displayed somewhere when created?
Is the production status displayed somewhere?
Is displayed when he is on the ship?

This could be seen in Model S amals 2013.

greeting

KaJu

I'm sorry that I expressed myself so unclearly.

I already had 2 Model S and know that if you have a vehicle, you see it in the app at the bottom and in the front of the car. (I even know the numbers of my two, P19183 and 136198)

But it's about my Model 3 order.
When and where do you recognize a progress?
Will the VIN be displayed somewhere when created?
Is the production status displayed somewhere?
Is displayed when he is on the ship?

This could be seen in Model S amals 2013.

greeting

KaJu

In the U.S., Tesla doesn't give you your VIN until seven days before your delivery date (or at least, that is what they did when I got my car earlier this year). I imagine they will do the same in Europe unless there is some regulations requiring otherwise.

Reactions: KaJu74
Considering that I have watched people at the delivery center come in for a car and have issues with it and take another car it may be difficult to save the VIN in your account until you take possession. But where you find it is in your account page on Tesla.com:
Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 7.37.30 AM.png

The order number becomes the VIN

-Randy

Last edited: