Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest Software on a Canadian Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So maybe it was a fluke but this morning on 42.3 was the first time the web browser actually seemed partially useable. It also looks like they have updated to show a loading indicator that comes up as a drop shadow behind the address...although that could have been there before because it would take 5-10 min to load a page. Also seems that webpage input (typing) is noticeably faster, though still not nearly smart phone speed...but I'll take it if it stays this way and it wasn't a fluke. Just being able to use teslawinds makes it worth it.

Came from 39.7 to 42.3 this morning. Anything interesting to Canadian driver with no nav on autopilot or summon? I don’t feel regen change due to the cold weather.
I just got winter tires changed 2 days ago, when software was 39.7. And got 42.3 installed this morning. I feel it's more like a bug fix for winter tires. Previously the winter tires use about 30% more energy than the regular tires on same temperature (10c), now it doesn't feel braking harder, but seems to capture more energy on regen so I hope the overall efficiency will improve.

I just got winter tires changed 2 days ago, when software was 39.7. And got 42.3 installed this morning. I feel it's more like a bug fix for winter tires. Previously the winter tires use about 30% more energy than the regular tires on same temperature (10c), now it doesn't feel braking harder, but seems to capture more energy on regen so I hope the overall efficiency will improve.
How does the car know there are win tires?

I haven't noticed any difference in driving with EAP or anything with 42.3. However, I do think there has been a change made to the level of regen reduction to a cold battery. I haven't plugged the car in for a few days and even sitting in the garage with the temps we have been having (about 10C) I would get in the car with about 1/3 - 1/2 of the regen bar being dots. By the end of my morning drive it would shift up to just under the 'R' or 'N' on the display. But this morning 10 min into my drive it had no dots. This may also be because I'm down to about 20% battery charge, but thought it was worth mentioning to see if others have noticed the same thing.

So, it isn't that the dots are less, its that they disappear faster I think.

Edit: I should add the strength of the regen is the same. I have actually measured the regen strength on 39.7 with my phone's acceleratometer's. I have yet to analyze the data, but just observing on my display I measured in-line with other reported values of ~0.2g of regen force. Now on 42.3 I measured basically the same thing....maybe I'll quickly pull the raw data and put some plots together....

Edit 2:

Plots below. Once I normalized the force to zero the regen went down to an average of about 0.15g. Top plot is 42.3 bottom 39.7. The black line is a moving average of all the data points to better show the average force.. Both plots started at ~ 100 km/h at the same offramp (on different days). Then I sped up a bit, then used regen down to a full stop. Both plots are virtually the same to me.

upload_2018-11-2_14-36-11.png

Last edited:
Got 42.3 this morning. I haven't noticed much of a difference yet except I feel like the sonar sensor sensitivity has changed. They seem to be a bit more responsive. Backing out of our garage there is a small elevation gap. Previously there was no sonar warning. This morning the car was very adamant that there was an issue directly behind the car when backing out. Maybe it's my imagination but I'll pay closer attention to this.

Also I noticed a loading indicator on the web browser (the address bar fills in with grey during loading). I don't remember seeing that before (which could also be because the browser would rarely work!).