Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest Software on a Canadian Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting graphs. I am assuming both were measured at same battery level ? From my observation, regen strength is very different when battery 100% vs 50.

The other day I almost hit other car at a stop sign because the first time I charged battery to 100%. It didn’t bring my M3 down to zero. I go throw this this stop sign everyday at least twice so I know what to expect:)

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I was under the impression that our cars have AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking), correct?

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I was under the impression that our cars have AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking), correct?

Not sure how AEB works. If I can stop myself, it's probably still too early to engage AEB? Just like the acceleration is also very different when battery level is at 100% vs 80% vs 50%. Anyway, I expect future software can maintain a consistent user experience, either at braking or acceleration, regardless of the battery level.

If anything the graphs show the opposite, the slope of the graph for 42.3 is much sharper than 39.7 on the onset.. though I can't say for sure if I pulled my foot off the pedal right away in both instances. I plan to do much more controlled testing, as I was just playing with the measurements this week.

I'll be most interested in seeing how the force chances when I out the winter tires on since in the other thread about losing Regen it seems this is a 'thing' but maybe more an effect on rwd than awd.

More srviing
Same - just received 42.4.

On 42.2 I noticed a very light regen at speed, then stronger once moving at lower speeds on the off ramps. I thought it was likely to do with the temperature, but it sounds more like the update changed how it behaves. I personally like the heavier regen all the time at all speeds. Would be nice if this were configurable actually.

Ok so confirmed by other people observations, regen profile has changed from 39.x to 42.3... I prefer the original one.

42.8 d1a49f2 w/ track mode has been pushed to my car:
f6Je6ga.jpg

40Ktouu

What does it enable/change?
Track mode basically does major things:
1.) Utilizes a specially tuned stability control, braking, and torque vectoring to make your car go around corners a lot aggressively (and thus faster)
2.) It buts your drivetrain coolant system in overdrive right away so that you can precool the drive train and/or dissapate heat faster from the drive train than in normal driving mode (too much heat basically puts the drivetrain in "limited power" mode).

Once you turn it on, you can immediately hear your cool system working overtime even when it's 8 degrees outside in Vancouver.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck