TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

highest VIN number in production?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ajw, Jun 9, 2014.

1. ajw

ajw Member

I have seen someone with a low 43k VIN number go into production recently........any others in that range or higher?
    I'm in the low 45k range, and expecting late June delivery on the east coast.
    Still 2000 cars ahead, so if the late June delivery date is sound (given a 1 week cross country trip), then the 43k, 44k VIN ranges should start falling into production relatively soon.

2. tiblot

tiblot Member

Check my sig for a VA delivery if you just want to see timeframes.

3. ajw

ajw Member

Thanks tiblot...that is consistent with other delivery timeframes I've seen.
    If I'm scheduled for delivery on the 27th, then I'd likely need to go into production by the 17th, at the latest.
    So, that is about a week away at this point, but there are probably 2k folks in line ahead of me to go into production this week. Hopefully they start cranking these things out at a nice clip!

4. wamochi

wamochi Member

i'm in So Cal but 11 days away from scheduled delivery. i am guessing ours will start production later this week. i'm not convinced they produce exactly in VIN order ... either way, there does appear to be a mad dash to make Q2 deliveries. really hope their QC department is extra diligent in the next few weeks :frown:

5. golfski

golfski Member

Mine started production 10 days before delivery, which seems to be the trend with a lot of people on here that have their cars being shipped outside of California.

6. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

I must be the low 43k you're talking about. If you received the final MVPA, there should be an estimated delivery date near the top. Based on my limited observations, I'm going to predict your car will hit production around the 18th, give or take.

7. ajw

ajw Member

Yep, Pilot,,,you are the low 43k of which I speak!
    I was hoping this thread would flush out some higher 43k guys that have also gone into production, but have not yet posted about it.
    Ideally I could 'see' the progress toward my 45k number...and get all worked up about it.
    Good times.

8. rkinley

rkinley Member

I'm 42972, S85, Atlanta. My projected delivery date is June 26th...

9. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

Mine is 44,503 MS P85+and is scheduled for factory pick up on the 27th. My guess is they are not built exactly in order of VIN's.

10. meteoritehunter

41864, delivery tomorrow 10 June at 10am:)

I can't wait until tomorrow!

11. bmek

bmek Member

It looks like OLL has the highest VIN (46457) with a June delivery:

12. ajw

ajw Member

Well well well,,,I'm in production!

13. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

Oh wow, I was way off. VIN order doesn't seem to mean much in the rush. Anyone below that still waiting for production?

14. ajw

ajw Member

I'm assuming east coast will go into production and shipping first, then it'll work its way west, so as many deliveries can be completed before eoq.
    But yes...I was very surprised to go into production tonight. I figured at least another week.

15. GatorB8T

GatorB8T Member

I confirmed May 9th with a scheduled P85 delivery for Jun 30th in Florida, still sourcing parts. VIN 45349.

Based on ajw's post I guess I should be starting soon.

16. Steve1501

Steve1501 Member

I confirmed May 3rd (S85) VIN 44493 and still sourcing with a car headed for TN. Congrats, AJW.

17. wamochi

wamochi Member

Still sourcing :crying: 10.5 days to go. I figure 4 days in production for MC white and then 1-2 days transit and 1 day prep at SC? Hope it goes into production soon ...

maybe it's because I haven't paid yet :rolleyes:

18. golfski

golfski Member

I bet your close! Mine went in on the 10th day out, but I am a lot further away. I wouldn't pay until it went "In Production", big day for my checking account today!

19. llngoc

llngoc Member

I just got 47094 and delivery is scheduled at the factory on 6/30 @9am. I guess I must be one of the very last deliveries for this quarter.

20. PRidge

PRidge New Member

Interesting seeing OLL's info...I ordered 5/16, confirmed 5/17, but I am still showing "late August"...1 week later on the order, couple days earlier with confirm, 2 potential months later to receive...no vin...P85 ordered...this July shutdown really seems to have set a massive delay...sorry to vent/complain, but the excitement/buzz fades rapidly daily...

- - - Updated - - -

Now seeing llngoc's post rubs the salt in the wound...