Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
44201 in production as of today. S85 with Arizona delivery.

Good for you- I'll bet you'll be in it by the 29th- Picked mine up Saturday- takes about an hour to go through the orientation at the service center, They had it charged up to about 235 miles and we sat in it during orientation with the AC on- I can't recall what the range was when we pulled out of the delivery area however, we got home to NW Tucson with about 80 miles showing on the dash, ~120 miles and drove 75MPH all the way with the air on high, Getting about 335Wh/mile for the 400 miles we've already driven in just 4 day! The car is fantastic, it's what a car should be. You just drive it... hope you have the same experience.

My Tesla Dashboard just changed to In Production! Please update the spreadsheet! Another minor change I noted and neglected to flag earlier. I don't have dual chargers, as my entry in the spreadsheet says. Thanks. Here's what my signature will say, once I get one:

S60 | Grey Metallic | 19” Wheels | Pano | Black Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech | Supercharger | Parking Sensors | Parcel Shelf
Ordered 4/22/2014 | Confirmed 4/26/2014 | VIN 43985 5/9/2014 | In Production 6/18/2014 | Delivery Scheduled 6/27/2014

My vin is 470XX and my delivery is scheduled for late July (in Toronto). Interesting that 47094 is now actually in production. Wondering if this could possibly translate into an earlier delivery.

P85+ | Pearl White | Black Performance Leather | 21" Silver Turbines | Pano | Tech Pkg | Premium Lighting | Parking Sensors | Piano Black | Fog Lamps| Sub Zero | Alcantara Headliner & Upper DT | UHFS | Smart Air | Dual Chargers | Parcel Shelf | CF Spoiler | RB Calipers | Delivery - late July |

Last edited:
47094 just changed to production last night/this morning. :biggrin:

Congrats on being able to get your 85 so soon. I confirmed my P85 on 5/13 but now am told that earliest is August 18 for delivery. So much for "priority delivery" for P85. Your advisor must have really been on the ball locking in your order unlike mine. The enthusiasm is waning day by day... Do post some pics.

As I mentioned in the other reply, I think I got pull in because I am local to the factory and this is the only way they can build a car and get it booked for this quarter. My DS stressed that I need to be able to make it for 6/30.

Congrats on being able to get your 85 so soon. I confirmed my P85 on 5/13 but now am told that earliest is August 18 for delivery. So much for "priority delivery" for P85. Your advisor must have really been on the ball locking in your order unlike mine. The enthusiasm is waning day by day... Do post some pics.

It's a California delivery. Unless someone cancelled an identical car (unlikely) Tesla wants to improve 2nd quarter financial results, which they couldn't do if it had to be shipped somewhere. There are many instances of out of sequence deliveries that I'm sure pop up regularly at the end of a quarter.

WOW!!! They must work on weekends now... our car went into production on Friday and this morning it changed to Production Complete, Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery. Can't wait for pick up day!!!

They offered for us to pick up early but unfortunately we have to be in SF until Friday am.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the other reply, I think I got pull in because I am local to the factory and this is the only way they can build a car and get it booked for this quarter. My DS stressed that I need to be able to make it for 6/30.

It's a situation that I have to ask about. Why force a build to deliver right now when everyone is saying demand is not a problem? Just build more cars to be shipped out in July to Hong Kong or wherever. Good for you to get it a month+ early. I always wonder about these situations and does it really mean there is some jockeying going on for revenue that simply would be here in August if all went as planned. Pulling revenue into current quarter is a tactic that I've seen in the computer industry (ie. "Tech companies").

>> My DS stressed that I need to be able to make it for 6/30.

This is why I wrote the above. Why so critical if things are in great shape order wise? (Guys, don't call me a troll - it is a simple question about demand/supply)