Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also puzzled, but I'm only an engineer, not a finance guy. Whatever they squeeze in this quarter, they don't sell in next quarter. Shouldn't affect tax unless the fiscal year ends 6/30. Maybe it has more to do with cash flow, since they do get money quicker if they have an accepted delivery quicker.

Gotta be honest though, it does leave a bad taste seeing people who ordered a similar model later getting earlier production dates, putting the company's interest ahead of fairness to the customer. I expect that out of most companies. I thought Tesla would be different.

End of quarter sales goal and also to beat analyst estimates? When I worked with salespeople before, the last days of the quarter was always the craziest time of the quarter and end of year was even worse. Also, if they have a large backlot, booking some revenue ahead by delivering locally won't hurt next quarter neither. Company always do this to move revenue around to make the quarter report looks good. (especially with a huge backlot)

I'm also puzzled, but I'm only an engineer, not a finance guy. Whatever they squeeze in this quarter, they don't sell in next quarter. Shouldn't affect tax unless the fiscal year ends 6/30. Maybe it has more to do with cash flow, since they do get money quicker if they have an accepted delivery quicker.

Gotta be honest though, it does leave a bad taste seeing people who ordered a similar model later getting earlier production dates, putting the company's interest ahead of fairness to the customer. I expect that out of most companies. I thought Tesla would be different.

This thread made me look at My Tesla again, for the second time today. And lo and behold I have a VIN - 53743. I confirmed my order on the 4th of July. I figured mine might be taking longer since I ordered a brown car and that is about the least popular color. Delivery late September but unfortunately I will be out of the country at that time. One extra week of waiting will just make it that much sweeter!

This thread made me look at My Tesla again, for the second time today. And lo and behold I have a VIN - 53743. I confirmed my order on the 4th of July. I figured mine might be taking longer since I ordered a brown car and that is about the least popular color. Delivery late September but unfortunately I will be out of the country at that time. One extra week of waiting will just make it that much sweeter!

Hi Kapenagary, I also have a 537xx VIN and confirmed roughly 3rd July, so I don't think it has anything to do with the color you choose. :cool:

My 498xx planned delivery Sept 4. DS last Friday said it would be close but he thought they could meet this date. Today 500xx who was scheduled Sept 4 delivery got a call from their DS pushing out delivery at least 2 weeks.

Has anyone had a delivery after August 18? Or even had their status move to "In Production"?