TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Highlighted "S" in "TESLA" on the Roadster Seat

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by bart513, Nov 26, 2013.

1. bart513

bart513 Member

I just realized that on my 2.5 the S in TESLA is bolded on the seat. Isn't that usually with a Roadster Sport?

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Yes unless the seats were swapped out. You don't have the Sport sig on the back or badging in front of the rear wheels?

3. bart513

bart513 Member

Nope. nada. Interesting the owner initially told me that it was a sport but there's no badging and I'm sure that she didn't swap out the seats or she would have said something! Also I don't recall seeing the sport upgrade on the invoice. Unless they upgrade the seats with the upgraded suspension???

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Nope. Not my car anyway.

5. augkuo

augkuo Member

Check your VIN # - the 8th digit will be a "3" for sport, "1" for non-sport.

6. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

It's not a sport, as it has a "1" in the 8th spot of the vin#. 5YJRE1A11....

7. bart513

bart513 Member

VIN# 5YJRE1A11B1001276

I'm happy about the seats, just a curious thing.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0833.JPG

8. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#8 wiztecy, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Clean seats Eric! Yes those are sport seats, curious what the story is on the Tesla side. If this was a mistake, someone put in the wrong seats, possibly out of stock of the non-sport seats @ time of Roadster delivery, or something odd and beyond all that....

9. bart513

bart513 Member

Wow I really lucked out!!! It should be nicer on my tush for the 3 hour drive to NJ every week:cool:

10. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

The sport and non-sport seats are the same, however the 1.5 and early 2.0 are different as you know. In your 2.5 you have more padding and the grippier sides that hold you in better in turns. Also due to the padding the seat places you a little higher while driving.

You have to share pics of your new Roadster, I still haven't seen them. Send me an email with any questions on setting up the lights and ballast mounting location. I tried taking pics and posting the to the HID thread so people can get an idea. Also there are two adjusting screws to adjust the low beam not one. Be careful, they will break if turned too hard... not that hard really in one direction. I think I busted mine and may have to take the light out to fix later with my spare set of lights.