TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Highlights from the April 8th Menlo Park Model S premier

Discussion in 'Video' started by johnr, May 6, 2009.

1. johnr

johnr Member

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Good coverage.

Reminds me that I think they have the radio on for a reason. And it's not just to show off that it works.

That said, I don't care.
    It took a lot of work to get the Roadster squeek-free because cacophonic ICE engines normally drown out the normal sounds of a car's operation.
    A prototype need not go through so much scrutiny.

3. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

They did not have the radio on at the Wash DC event and the car had no unusual noises. But it was inside and on a cushioned track.

4. I=V/R

I=V/R Member

I don't remember the radio being on at the NY event - that was an asphalt track at the Chelsea Piers.

Didn't notice any squeaks.

5. johnr

johnr Member

If you're talking about the squeak at the very end, that was actually from a car on the highway behind me. With the radio off, the noise from the tires rolling along was quite noticeable inside the vehicle - and when we went faster you could hear the air whooshing past - but that was about it. The electric motor was very quiet, and inaudible at slow speed. An electric car is so quiet to begin with, that all those little sounds start popping out into the open.