TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Highly-optioned P90D confirmed yesterday may be built sooner based on being "loaded"?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PianoProdigy, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Mike_F

Mike_F Member

First time I heard September. Let me see, TM is willing to let maxed out configurations wait until the end of the year simply for a particular configuration of tires. Sounds like bad management to me. But then again, maybe by September all the kinks will be worked out.

2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

To your point, if the wheels are really going to be delayed until September, if I were Tesla I wouldn't even list it as an option.

3. 7racer

7racer Member

congrats Piano!

if you get yours before my sig let me know :p

RX-7, GTR, Model X...what's next??

4. lango

lango Member

They don't as they can fill the pipeline with other configurations. Their backlog is huge.
    If September is correct then that is crazy long. Should have shorter lead time with the suppliers. Anyone have any idea how they get the wheels?

5. highedu

highedu Member

Depends on the configure in the backlog. If there are many who ordered onyx they will have no choice

lets see

6. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

The Black Onix wheel is indeed delayed. Some said September from Tesla, some did not mention a date. Whatever the reason is, the black wheel is delayed. According to Tesla the black wheel is highly popular option, that is the reason they could not keep the inventory. I believe Tesla did not have enough black wheel in the first place, popular demand is a way for them to keep people patient and convincing answer to make people calm.

7. larmor

larmor Active Member

This should have been an easy one to predict: that the onyx wheel would be popular. Just like knowing what items on the restaurant menu are popular...

8. drcherrybomb

drcherrybomb Member

My P90D, blue, blank leather, carbon, 20 inch, 72A, everything except Ludi and tow arrived at my SC center today and my awesome DS sent me a pic. Poor baby has snow on her, but I am sure she is strong enough. They still have to go over the car and then will let me know how long prep will take.

My Car.JPG

9. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

Black wheel is definitely popular but no way as popular as the included 20 inch wheel. Even the 22 silver is more popular than black because the signature is not giving the option of the black wheel. I have foreseen the black wheel will be popular but have not predicted the low stock level and the delay that might be caused by the wheel. There is no indication of the wheel delay at time of my December configuration last year.

10. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

Drool!

11. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Which Service Center is this?

12. drcherrybomb

drcherrybomb Member

Mt. Kisco, NY.

13. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Thanks & congrats. Mine arrived at Paramus yesterday. I should have a delivery date later today. Good luck with yours.

14. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Via truck or train?

15. elguapo

elguapo Member

Hyperloop.

16. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Truck. Got a call today from my DS pushing off delivery until next week for "minor tweaks and adjustments". Oh well - a few more sleepless nights.

17. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Isnt it strange that after all this time at the factory, your car still needs adjustments? How can it be that the factory missed some stuff that the SC found?

18. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Good question :confused:

19. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

It's not that the factory missed it. The factory decided the issues could be rectified by the SC, freeing them to go work on issues on other cars that are more.. Serious.

20. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

That makes sense, just frustrating to have it so close and yet wait for 7-10 days of "tweaking". Just hope I have it for my March 4th trip to Richmond.