Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highly-optioned P90D confirmed yesterday may be built sooner based on being "loaded"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be the case or might not be. Tesla never give you any sure answer to anything you throw at them. I went on a call madness with 6 consecutive phone calls to Tesla headquarter sales departments, 5 out 6 people told me the wheel is definitely the case for the delay, last person seems to be new and does not know jack squat. 2 out of 5 sales who believe the wheel is the delay also told me the wheel is most likely to be in stock by September, and additional time to build your car after that. I was already blowing some steam at that time so just change my wheel, i take my chance. This is how Tesla does things, always a guessing game. Win all or be patient game.

First time I heard September. Let me see, TM is willing to let maxed out configurations wait until the end of the year simply for a particular configuration of tires. Sounds like bad management to me. But then again, maybe by September all the kinks will be worked out.

First time I heard September. Let me see, TM is willing to let maxed out configurations wait until the end of the year simply for a particular configuration of tires. Sounds like bad management to me. But then again, maybe by September all the kinks will be worked out.

To your point, if the wheels are really going to be delayed until September, if I were Tesla I wouldn't even list it as an option.

One thing Tesla did with the S in the early days was give people the silver turbines and replace with black when they were in stock. Have also seen them give the 19's until the 22's were available. They did this to recognize the revenue by delivering the car, remains to be seen if they will need to do that here

They don't as they can fill the pipeline with other configurations. Their backlog is huge.
If September is correct then that is crazy long. Should have shorter lead time with the suppliers. Anyone have any idea how they get the wheels?

The Black Onix wheel is indeed delayed. Some said September from Tesla, some did not mention a date. Whatever the reason is, the black wheel is delayed. According to Tesla the black wheel is highly popular option, that is the reason they could not keep the inventory. I believe Tesla did not have enough black wheel in the first place, popular demand is a way for them to keep people patient and convincing answer to make people calm.

The Black Onix wheel is indeed delayed. Some said September from Tesla, some did not mention a date. Whatever the reason is, the black wheel is delayed. According to Tesla the black wheel is highly popular option, that is the reason they could not keep the inventory. I believe Tesla did not have enough black wheel in the first place, popular demand is a way for them to keep people patient and convincing answer to make people calm.

This should have been an easy one to predict: that the onyx wheel would be popular. Just like knowing what items on the restaurant menu are popular...

My P90D, blue, blank leather, carbon, 20 inch, 72A, everything except Ludi and tow arrived at my SC center today and my awesome DS sent me a pic. Poor baby has snow on her, but I am sure she is strong enough. They still have to go over the car and then will let me know how long prep will take.

My Car.JPG

This should have been an easy one to predict: that the onyx wheel would be popular. Just like knowing what items on the restaurant menu are popular...

Black wheel is definitely popular but no way as popular as the included 20 inch wheel. Even the 22 silver is more popular than black because the signature is not giving the option of the black wheel. I have foreseen the black wheel will be popular but have not predicted the low stock level and the delay that might be caused by the wheel. There is no indication of the wheel delay at time of my December configuration last year.