Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highway 1 Roadtrip with MX 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since CA1 is still closed about halfway between Morro Bay and Big Sur, you will need to take US101, unless you wish to negotiate an tortuous, narrow road over the Coast Range by Ft. Hunter Liggett to reach 101 around San Miguel. I have not driven this particular road, but I understand that it takes well over an hour to go between SR1 and US101.

There is another back road from Carmel Valley to Greenfield.

Regardless, there is a Supercharger in Atascadero, so as long as you have ample charge upon departure from Monterey, you should be able to stop in Atascadero for 20-30 minutes to grab enough charge for Buellton.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
Be prepared, driving the coast is much more physically tolling and more 'hands-on', AP will not handle a majority of the narrow winding roads, but the trip up from Paso Robles last winter and the trip up 1 to Mendocino were exhilarating and delightful. I recommend it to any serious die-hard driving enthusiast. Just be sure that is what you want. I also enjoy the more tranquil drives with AP enabled on major highways for most of the trip. Both types of driving should be savored with a car like this, you won't regret it. Plan ahead and keep a mellow pace, this ensures a higher happiness factor when arriving at your destination(s).