Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highway Service Centre near Bowning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

From the planning documents this should include five electric vehicle recharging stations. Unfortunately, this will only be accessible in an easterly direction, unless you want to exit for the Bowning town and head towards Harden then turn left to Hume instead of Harden then backtrack through Bowning again or similar.

Screenshot_20220531-232104.png

Screenshot_20220531-235632.png

Screenshot_20220531-233233.png

From here,

It sounds like this is one of the new Caltex Service Stations from the Puma Energy group (and not the former Australian branded Caltex now Ampol).

Also sounds like this is either under construction now or starting soon. Have not travelled past here recently.

I think maybe the developer was being a bit disingenuous when asked about the impact on traffic movements from those coming from a westerly approach. They implied that it would only be practical to use from an easterly approach.

Using Google directions

5 min (5.4 km)

will show you where to U-turn with only a five minute detour. There are a couple of other local farm access crossings that could cut that slightly shorter but if you are relying on directions to locate the turns, as they are not prominently marked, I can see this having an impact on the number of movements at those previously quiet local road access points.

Yep. It’s duplication of the mega service centre at Yass Junction. Someday someone will install charging there too. It’ll be odd if the bidirectional one comes after the unidirectional one, but this is still months away, right? So anything could happen.

At a guess I'd pencil this in for an Evie 350kW site.
Their original ultrafast map had a dot near Yass, and they've partnered with Puma previously at Townsville.
I'd agree it's the most likely option, based on these reasons.

Although it's worth mentioning, often these developments may just allocate a few spaces for "EV chargers" without having any concrete plan of how it is going to be delivered. So it might not be anything at the moment. There was a site just went of Melbourne that had the same thing, and someone piped up and said it was Evie (based on nothing) and suddenly it was being added to Plugshare as a "coming soon" Evie site. The only thing that particular DA was that "the developer must find a partner to deliver EV charging within 7 years of construction commencing" or something equally as non-committal.

Didn't Yass Valley Council support Evie installing fast chargers in the town itself (around the same time as the Tesla proposal was being discussed?)

I think maybe the developer was being a bit disingenuous when asked about the impact on traffic movements from those coming from a westerly approach. They implied that it would only be practical to use from an easterly approach.

Using Google directions

5 min (5.4 km)

will show you where to U-turn with only a five minute detour. There are a couple of other local farm access crossings that could cut that slightly shorter but if you are relying on directions to locate the turns, as they are not prominently marked, I can see this having an impact on the number of movements at those previously quiet local road access points.
Wouldn't advise anyone to turn right there or any other 110km/h zone as there's no slow-down/turning lane. Better off turning left and doing a U-turn on the side road

1654079909799.png

nek minnit

1654080594540.png

• Funny
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter