Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hilarious service estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla do become mainstream manufacturers, this is going to piss a lot of new customers off in the future.

Yes we know that it will "probably" be covered by warranty but most people wont be used to this process..........................

I think they may have just been a little lapse with the communication (that's not like Tesla!!!)
When either me or my brother have had warranty work done, they have produced a cost for the work and explained that the cost would be applied if the fault was not deemed to be a warranty issue and was say damaged by us. This cost then changes to £0 for anything carried out under warranty. They just ask you to pre agree to the work so they can do it while they are there. I've never been charged anything, as I've only ever raised issues that are clearly warranty based. You could say, do not carry out the work if it is not covered by warranty, but they may still charge you an inspection cost. If it's clearly warranty work then there's no issue. We were ready for a fight with a cracked rear glass bt it went through under warranty (as it should, no external damage).

If Tesla do become mainstream manufacturers, this is going to piss a lot of new customers off in the future.

Yes we know that it will "probably" be covered by warranty but most people wont be used to this process..........................

I don't think it's unusual. I've been asked to pre-approve diagnosis cost at Vauxhall before for a warranty issue. Never got charged because I was right :D but it can be a bit unnerving nonetheless because you're trusting someone's opinion against your own. I think it's normal in the industry though...or at least, not unprecedented.

I don't think it's unusual. I've been asked to pre-approve diagnosis cost at Vauxhall before for a warranty issue. Never got charged because I was right :D but it can be a bit unnerving nonetheless because you're trusting someone's opinion against your own. I think it's normal in the industry though...or at least, not unprecedented.

I think unnerving is a good word for this!

With the hysteria that sometimes surrounds Tesla, I can just see new owners throwing toys out of prams over this.

My first planned SC visit has got off to a hilarious start.

Raised the following a while back and off to see Bristol next week. It’s a company car so none of it is my problem.

Steering wheel not straight - £224.75
Glue residue on dashboard and airbag cover (steering wheel) - £72.50
Rear number plate not fully fixed and rattles - £21.75

All plus VAT.

Genuinely it’s a comedy show. Just sent them an email telling them not to be idiots and I’m not approving an estimate for factory faults.

Wow, did they really try that? It’s not on.

My steering wheel isn’t on straight either but there’s nothing I can do from here. I’ll report it later.

Bumping this as have just checked my upcoming service appointment in the app for a couple of things I noted upon collection and have this estimate.

I assume they will wave the fee as its a warranty issue, but as you can see it won't even let me do that.

Plus there is nothing in there about the paint chip which needs sorting. Do I need to ring/email them to sort it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-23-13-29-32-877_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-23-13-29-32-877_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 85
My driver's side signature/drl light developed an intermittent no worky fault this week.Booked a service visit this morning for next week and I was given an estimate of the repair costs, if it's non-warranty.

£1,277

Presumably involves a new headlight unit and maybe programmjng The car is a Dec 2020 model, so I'm confident it'll be a warranty repair, but this level of pricing is a worry for cars approaching warranty expiration.

A new bulb for my first car, a 1975 Hillman Avenger (1.3l 2 door, for anyone interested/old enough) was 17p. My father, a mechanic to trade, would be apoplectic!

Reactions: gangzoom
My driver's side signature/drl light developed an intermittent no worky fault this week.Booked a service visit this morning for next week and I was given an estimate of the repair costs, if it's non-warranty.

£1,277

Presumably involves a new headlight unit and maybe programmjng The car is a Dec 2020 model, so I'm confident it'll be a warranty repair, but this level of pricing is a worry for cars approaching warranty expiration.

A new bulb for my first car, a 1975 Hillman Avenger (1.3l 2 door, for anyone interested/old enough) was 17p. My father, a mechanic to trade, would be apoplectic!
What other cars have you compared the price of LED lights from? Other than a 1975 Hilman Imp? That's not a particularly surprising figure, you'll pay more on a recent Audi, BMW or Merc.

£1,277

Those figures are the same for pretty much any new car these days. BMW laser lights apparently cost €9300 EACH not including fitting a few years ago as parts!!!

Oh most extended warranties (including the Tesla one) don't cover lights.

Reactions: Horatio Alger
Bumping this as have just checked my upcoming service appointment in the app for a couple of things I noted upon collection and have this estimate.

I assume they will wave the fee as its a warranty issue, but as you can see it won't even let me do that.

Plus there is nothing in there about the paint chip which needs sorting. Do I need to ring/email them to sort it?
So can anyone confirm this is fine and I won't be charged?