Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hilariously wrong album art for anything spooled from phone...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I ordered my Model S, I borrowed one for a week in March of 2016. I played several audiobooks with that car, and the correct "album art" was displayed in the media center.

I haven't paid much attention since, but the other day I tried numerous apps and media source from the iPhone, and the results ranged from wrong to hilariously wrong. Since CarPlay isn't happening, is this something they could fix easily or is this a big challenge and isn't likely to happen. I mentioned the previous experience because it actually seems that it doesn't work as well as it once did.

The "album art" is ever crazier when playing a podcast or other non-music material via Bluetooth. I regularly listen to the audio version of the Economist and it puts up some pretty crazy "album art" for each new article.

FWIW, my BMW i3 puts up the correct Economist magazine cover and article title for each article, also played over Bluetooth. The problem is with Tesla, as usual.