Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HIlls Made Wood Veneer for M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my order. Have others?
We’re all over here:
Center Console Wood Wrap

lots of pics from me and adayley.
1DE63604-4280-4BB2-8F0D-856A059AD162.jpeg
B6203109-31D2-4E2F-ACA8-2FD0318EABA8.jpeg

Reactions: adayley
Hi all! I'm also considering the Hillsmade wood dash and center console. Was there ever an update on this?
We got our two center consoles and they look great. Walnut for my M3 and purple heart for my wife’s MY. @KenC shared pictures of his and my installations.

We also ordered the dash covers but they have not yet shipped. The company CEO has been in active communication by email. He says they are still figuring out how to do the dash because it is one long, thin, bendy piece. There is no time estimate on the dash cover. But, I’m happy to wait for the dash cover, given the great center console product.

Received my walnut console covers last week from Hill's Made. It is finely crafted, was relatively easy to install myself and goes beautifully with the factory dash trim. The company owner was quick to reply to any questions we had.
This photo shows it installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_174724112.jpg
    IMG_20210419_174724112.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: KenC and adayley
I just installed the dash cover and console cover with success. With the first console kit I received, the middle piece was 5mm too narrow i.e. the piece in front of the drink rings. You can see this in one of the pics posted above. I emailed the seller, and he said they modified this in later runs. Also the color was noticeably lighter than the dash cover which came 2 months later. He sent me a replacement console kit which was perfectly sized and also better matched the shade of the dash cover.

20210824_235548640_iOS.jpg
20210824_235507375_iOS.jpg

Reactions: KenC and adayley
I just installed the dash cover and console cover with success. With the first console kit I received, the middle piece was 5mm too narrow i.e. the piece in front of the drink rings. You can see this in one of the pics posted above. I emailed the seller, and he said they modified this in later runs. Also the color was noticeably lighter than the dash cover which came 2 months later. He sent me a replacement console kit which was perfectly sized and also better matched the shade of the dash cover.

View attachment 701276View attachment 701277
Nice! Definitely darker and without the narrower middle piece, presumably because it folded into the center console.

I ordered mine in light maple. I got a tracking number almost immediately, along with the owner's email thanking me for the purchase.

The shipment is in France right now, and I expect I will receive it by Friday.

On a side note, before I discovered Hills Made, I embarked on a project to do real wood maple veneer cover for the rear AC vent cover (passenger vents with USB). That finished well, but it was very precise work demanding a lot of patience and trial and error. I sanded the veneer, and was just about ready to apply the clear coat, when I came across these guys through a google search. The light maple they have on the website seems to be a tiny bit lighter than what I have built for the vent cover. SO my solution is to clear coat the cover with slight white tint added to the clear coat. (won't be so clear, that coat!) Through trial and error (I have lot of left over veneer pieces) I will get it to exactly match Hills Made.

I am also planning to clear coat (no tint) the pieces I receive from Hills. I will sand and buff polish everything to a mirror finish, and my dream interior will finally be realized!

:)

I will update this thread with pictures when the project is finished.

Reactions: KenC
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with a new company offering wood veneer products for the M3 and Y dash and center consoles called "Hills Made." I know RPM Tesla is offering a similar product but the reviews haven't been too favorable. The Hills Made products are cheaper in price and appear to be better quality with several different types of wood veneers. Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

Hills – High-end accessories for Tesla

View attachment 630874 View attachment 630876
I just ordered the center console and dash veneer in ebony. Company said door panels for Gen2 model 3 are coming within the next few weeks.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with a new company offering wood veneer products for the M3 and Y dash and center consoles called "Hills Made." I know RPM Tesla is offering a similar product but the reviews haven't been too favorable. The Hills Made products are cheaper in price and appear to be better quality with several different types of wood veneers. Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

Hills – High-end accessories for Tesla

View attachment 630874 View attachment 630876
I installed the Hills console product in my 2022 MYP. The company was great to work with; communication was excellent. Product looks and installs as advertised. Would purchase from them again! Quality product. Transformed my MYP!

Last edited:
Reactions: KenC
I installed the Hills console product in my 2022 MYP. The company was great to work with; communication was excellent. Product looks and installs as advertised. Would purchase from them again! Quality product. Transformed my MYP!
I’m happy you had a good experience, mine wasn’t good concerning the quality of the product. My driver side door trim was misshaped and doesn’t stick properly. Also my dash trim doesn’t stay down either, it comes up at the ends. I followed the instruction videos verbatim with two people and still no success. Luckily i live in socal so I’m going the RPM Tesla route and letting them do the install.

I’m happy you had a good experience, mine wasn’t good concerning the quality of the product. My driver side door trim was misshaped and doesn’t stick properly. Also my dash trim doesn’t stay down either, it comes up at the ends. I followed the instruction videos verbatim with two people and still no success. Luckily i live in socal so I’m going the RPM Tesla route and letting them do the install.
Interesting. What did Hills say about your situation?

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P