Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hills Wood Dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never really liked the lone piece of wood trim on the dash of the Gen 2 MY. I contemplated customozing the center console with wood to match, but instead decided on removing the wood dashboard trim and replacing it with a gray Alcantara one that matches the rest of the car. RPM Tesla takes OEM dashboards and converts them. You can save on the purchase if you send back the wood trim you remove. (No affiliation with RPM Tesla)

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I never really liked the lone piece of wood trim on the dash of the Gen 2 MY. I contemplated customozing the center console with wood to match, but instead decided on removing the wood dashboard trim and replacing it with a gray Alcantara one that matches the rest of the car. RPM Tesla takes OEM dashboards and converts them. You can save on the purchase if you send back the wood trim you remove. (No affiliation with RPM Tesla)
Wow, and I thought Hills prices were high!

I really like the center console cover to match the OEM wood dash, but it seems like it would be a tricky install to not mess up the sliding cover.
Exactly. That’s why I chose to modify the dash instead. I love the Alcantara on the door panels and the phone chargers, so decided to match that. Part of the high cost is a $250 deposit until they get back the wood dash you’re replacing.

I really like the center console cover to match the OEM wood dash, but it seems like it would be a tricky install to not mess up the sliding cover.
OK, I was WRONG!

The 2nd gen version is unbelievable easy to apply. Hills has a great video tutorial. Took me just a few minutes and it matches the OEM walnut trim perfectly with no interference to the slider. This might be my favorite aftermarket upgrade (besides my AS4 tires).

It came with a code to share for $30 off: 4J68YD.

***I have no affiliation with this company...just a satisfied customer. YMMV.***

IMG_3524.jpg

OK, I was WRONG!

The 2nd gen version is unbelievable easy to apply. Hills has a great video tutorial. Took me just a few minutes and it matches the OEM walnut trim perfectly with no interference to the slider. This might be my favorite aftermarket upgrade (besides my AS4 tires).

It came with a code to share for $30 off: 4J68YD.

***I have no affiliation with this company...just a satisfied customer. YMMV.***

View attachment 750503
Looks good. Can you submit a zoomed out photo?

I think that looks very good. Does it seem durable? Based on the install video it appears to be a veneer on a phenolic substrate with a pressure sensitive adhesive backing.

I was thinking about finding something close from Di-Noc or Belbien, but not having to deal with cutting an exact fit for the cup holder is appealing. I’ve gotten samples from both in the past, and I don’t think it would be hard to get them again if I wanted to go diy…

I decided to join the Hills crowd! How long from order to delivery in the US?
A couple of months in my case. They had supply issues due to Covid, and FedEx lost my package in Memphis for a week so hopefully yours is more timely. I see all variants currently ship in 3-4 weeks according to the website, and shipping should be a week or two max. It's worth the wait!

Hills looks good and is $159 with a range of colours

1641215293301.png

Abstract Ocean also looks good and is $129 with a single colour

1641215392342.png

Hard to say from the pics, but it looks to me like AO got closer to the OEM dashboard colour

...mind you I still don't know how the sliding part works if you mount something on top of it. Seems like it would jam

A couple of months in my case. They had supply issues due to Covid, and FedEx lost my package in Memphis for a week so hopefully yours is more timely. I see all variants currently ship in 3-4 weeks according to the website, and shipping should be a week or two max. It's worth the wait!
Same here. They were very responsive...sending me updates along the way without my asking.