TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hint: Hitch plastic cover clips

Discussion in 'Model X' started by LukasSwan, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LukasSwan

LukasSwan Member

Hi. I use my MX hitch a lot. While the original plastic cover was not well thought out, it does create a smooth surface and a decent seal, so I like to use it when I am not towing. But I ALWAYS struggle getting the plastic clips out with my fingernails. I tried leaving the plastic clips out entirely, but the cover just fell off when I hit a bump.

So I piloted a hole through the head of the plastic clips and put shouldered screws in there to offset them a bit. Now it's EASY to pop them out with one hand (and no fingernails). Pictures attached. I hope it helps others.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
  2. LukasSwan

LukasSwan Member

I don't know why second pic thumbnail isn't showing. But click the pic and it will show it installed. Zoom in for a good look

3. Malbrough

Malbrough Member

I see what you did there... Very nice. I may try that.