TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hints for Removing Penmark from Seat?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ishop4more, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ishop4more

ishop4more Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for removing what look like black ballpoint pen marks from the side of the seat?

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Which seat material?

• Helpful x 1
  3. ishop4more

ishop4more Member

Next Gen Grey

untitled.png

4. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Try one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers. I don't know what voodoo magic they use, but I've been impressed in the past at the kinds of things they have worked on. Though I've never tried it on a leather seat before.

• Like x 1
  5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

• Informative x 2
  6. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Here's my thread on a similar issue and the solution I used: Cleaning ink off tan leather

I guess I never finished the thread, but ultimately I purchased this: Ink & Stain Remover

It did an adequate job even on 3 week old ink that it is not noticable any more and didn't seem to damage the leather. Expensive ($25 with shipping) but sure worked well. I'd try some of the other suggestions if the ink hasn't been there too long.

• Like x 1