Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hired a Tesla M3 SR+ for a few days...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not researched the charging time...but the main penalty is that LFP are not as energy dense so have to be bigger...quite a bit bigger...so the extra 300 pounds affects the acceleration and suspension
But if you drive one you don't get a feeling that it is heavy - in fact, it is so light and nimble I often felt like as if I am driving a toy car. Not sure what or how it is to do drive a LR which do not have the extra battery weight but has the dual motor weight.

I prefer the MS for longer journeys. It goes like a rocket in a straight line, wallows on the bends. I find it very comfortable on long journeys (e.g. UK to the Alps). M3 is like a hot hatch, very tight. MY lacks that precision

Unless you want to corner on two wheels, like you did 50 years ago :), the MS might be better.

Its a big car (tight spirals in multi-storeys, narrow country lanes, width restriction bollards and parking in general). its very low to get in and out of; my 80's relation prefers MY, happy with M3 but the MS he finds somewhat difficult.

If you are going "long distance" you might want to try ABetterRoutePlanner to see how much difference the MS75 and M3/MY LR (or M3 SR+) would make. (You can choose car model, and then Start/End of journey, and any waypoints, and it will calculate where you will need to stop to charge; makes it easy to compared Brands / Models.)

Basically you need, say, 30 miles contingency, and you will ideally only Supercharge to 70-80%. For a drive-charge-drive-charge the charges will only be 60%-ish of max real-world Motorway range.
Thank you for that excellent information.

I prefer the MS for longer journeys. It goes like a rocket in a straight line, wallows on the bends. I find it very comfortable on long journeys (e.g. UK to the Alps). M3 is like a hot hatch, very tight. MY lacks that precision

Unless you want to corner on two wheels, like you did 50 years ago :), the MS might be better.

Its a big car (tight spirals in multi-storeys, narrow country lanes, width restriction bollards and parking in general). its very low to get in and out of; my 80's relation prefers MY, happy with M3 but the MS he finds somewhat difficult.

If you are going "long distance" you might want to try ABetterRoutePlanner to see how much difference the MS75 and M3/MY LR (or M3 SR+) would make. (You can choose car model, and then Start/End of journey, and any waypoints, and it will calculate where you will need to stop to charge; makes it easy to compared Brands / Models.)

Basically you need, say, 30 miles contingency, and you will ideally only Supercharge to 70-80%. For a drive-charge-drive-charge the charges will only be 60%-ish of max real-world Motorway range.
Ha! I was cornering on two wheels up to four years ago but it was a BMW 1300 bike 😊

Reactions: WannabeOwner