Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

historical battery upgrade releases?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
With the model S/X, did Tesla wait for a new model year to upgrade the packs say from 85 to 90's and 100's etc? Or did they just release them throughout the year when tech was available? Contemplating picking up a second M3 as a toy, not in a rush to get it, but if it will be a model year later before any major battery changes are made available, I may go ahead and grab one sooner.

(ignoring the 'don't wait to get it yada yada' argument because this is not something I actually need)

With the model S/X, did Tesla wait for a new model year to upgrade the packs say from 85 to 90's and 100's etc? Or did they just release them throughout the year when tech was available? Contemplating picking up a second M3 as a toy, not in a rush to get it, but if it will be a model year later before any major battery changes are made available, I may go ahead and grab one sooner.

(ignoring the 'don't wait to get it yada yada' argument because this is not something I actually need)

Tesla doesn't operate like traditional Auto manufacturers with model year updates. They do what they want and incrementally release things.

Reactions: strykeroz