Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Historical question about Model 3 Standard Range (not Plus)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were any Model 3 Standard Range (not Plus) cars ever delivered to customers with the hardware features that were originally announced (e.g. cloth seats, non-glass roof, slightly smaller battery), as opposed to being cars with Standard Range Plus hardware but software limitations?

...as opposed to being cars with Standard Range Plus hardware but software limitations?...
It's essentially a Long-Range Plus with stripped-down features either physically or by software.

Originally, it should have a metal roof. It's got the same glass roof instead.

It has the same number of speakers but the physical cables reduce the usage for all of them (you can get your own cables to use all of them).

The battery is the same with software limited....

Upvote 0
It's essentially a Long-Range Plus with stripped-down features either physically or by software.

Originally, it should have a metal roof. It's got the same glass roof instead.

It has the same number of speakers but the physical cables reduce the usage for all of them (you can get your own cables to use all of them).

The battery is the same with software limited....
Still missing a second motor though. That's a Big Deal.

Upvote 0
Were any Model 3 Standard Range (not Plus) cars ever delivered to customers with the hardware features that were originally announced (e.g. cloth seats, non-glass roof, slightly smaller battery), as opposed to being cars with Standard Range Plus hardware but software limitations?

I agree with the other responses here, I dont think there was ever any model 3s shipped to customers with cloth seats, non glass roof etc.

Upvote 0
I own a Standard Range 2019 model 3

What it is is a Standard Range Plus. But Tesla eliminated a few speakers (which are in the car and all I have to do is buy a $50 harness and hook them up). Same battery pack as the Plus but Tesla, by software, shortened the mileage by 40 or so miles.

I special ordered the SR because I didn't need the mileage and I loved buying it new for $35,000 less $2500 rebate from Calif and $1000 check from So Calif Edison making the cost of my car $31,500 which was cheaper than a Toyota Prius I was considering.

Originally, I think Tesla was going to make a SR with different seat coverings, roof, etc., etc. but decided it was too expensive to do it that way, So, they took the RS+ and took away a few items, sold it as the SR for awhile to full fill a promise made by Elon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre78
Upvote 0